Do I need Calcium without D3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptozic

Hi. I'm confused a bit. I know I need Calcium D3 and Multivitamins, but do I need Calcium without D3? My beardie uses a 10.0 T5 HO Flourescent tube, right next to his basking spot. I'll give him The D3 5x A week (Mon-Fri.) and the Multiivitamin 2x (Weekends). So do I need calcium without D3?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
You need calcium without d3, you'll want to alternate between the two. What i do is offer calcium without d3 3 times a week and calcium with d3 two times a week so they get a bit more d3 just in case the uvb isn't enough. Its also not enough d3 weekly for them to overdose on it after a while im pretty sure. However giving them d3 everyday/5 times a week can lead to an overdose.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's the same question I answered in your other post here. Maybe the mods. will merge your 3 topics and all the info will be in the same place. :)

kryptozic

Original Poster
Sorry about that, it's just that I like asking different questions on different posts. Aso, whats the best brand to get that has Cacium without D3 (Ex. Zoo-Med, Rep-Cal)?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's O.K, sometimes we just ant answers quickly or more than one opinion. And both of those brands are good, I've used both kinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom