Rescuing another dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
I really have to stop looking on craigslist. This poor girl will be in my care on Sunday. I hope I'm not to late. Poor thing.
86288-8380398731.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, skinny little creature. :( Good thing you got a hold of her. What is your feeding/hydration routine ? Remember, not too many insects , just a few soft bodied ones that are not large size. Slurries with greens + a few bugs if you want, make them tasty for her + add extra water. Water on the snout daily if she'll drink. Set a shallow plastic lid under her chin while in the tank and spray [ gently ] or drip water on her snout tip that will drip into the shallow lid. Many thirsty dragons will lowr their head + drink.

But again, if she gets a good slurry several times a day [ you can add a bit of Pedialyte as well, optional ] that should help immensely. Best wishes that she'll bounce back in time. :)

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don't get her until tomorrow :( I'm going to go real slow give slurrie and water. I will get some BSFL and small horn worms also but not right away. I'm hoping she is better then the picture looks and not worse. Thanks for the help.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oops, sorry I read too fast + missed that. She is in bad shape but could possibly pull through. I see something that looks suspicious on her left shoulder/back area. Looks a bit like the start of a fungal infection. Hope it's not, you'll know more when you get her. Sounds like you have a good feeding plan on the table. If she's reluctant to eat a slurry , add some raw honey , many beardies love the taste.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ya I was concerned about that spot also. I'm hoping it nothing. I will try the honey. Thanks

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Unfortunately the dragon died 2 days ago. They lady that was selling it decided she didn't want to sell her to me because I was too pushy. So I called animal control. They went to her house to look into it and a kid came out and told her and the officer that the dragon died 2 days ago and they barrier her in the back yard.:( at least she is not suffering any longer..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's too bad. :( As you say, at least it's not being starved to death anymore. Poor thing was put up for sale when they should have been looking for help for it months ago. At least you tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom