watery poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

joef

Hatchling Member
So my beardie is just over a year old now, and his poops have always been a bit watery, its kinda become a normal thing. I'm not really sure if it's that bad of a thing though. He's never been lethargic or anything and hes always ate his food. He seems perfectly fine to me other than his poops being watery. He's brumating right now so I'm going to weigh him to make sure his weight is good. I do figure that it will be a little less than normal because he hasn't eaten in a while because of the brumation, but how much weight can he lose in brumation before it's a problem? And does any one have any ideas on why his poop has been watery?

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
Regarding the poop issues, does he eat a lot of vegetables with high water content, such as butternut squash, zucchini, etc.? Some forms of protein can also cause more liquidy bowel movements (hornworms, for example). If diet can be eliminated as the culprit and the bowel movements continue to be liquidy and have a much stronger smell then the beardie’s normal poops then you may want to consider booking an appointment with a vet to run a fecal exam. If parasites are the culprit these can be diagnosed via a fecal float. I have one beardie that came to me with very mushy/foul smelling bowel movements and a vet was able to quickly make a coccidia diagnosis. After a round of treatment she’s now in the clear and now when she goes to the bathroom it doesn’t clear the room anymore.

joef

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He does eat a lot of watery veggies now that I think of it and the poops aren’t “clear the room” bad of smell. Alright. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom