Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
90434-7174322386.jpg
90434-4770138487.jpg
So my bearded dragon was chillin in the sun with his mouth open and I noticed on the roof of his mouth he's got 2 red spots on the roof of his mouth. I'll attach pictures. He's going to the vet this week regardless but I wanted to know if this is normal because now I'm a little worried.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jenn, it does look a bit red but the inside of their mouth can differ from dragon to dragon. See what the vet thinks. and Google other pics of dragons with their mouths open to compare, sometimes that can give you more perspective.

Shy4nn3

Was wondering what the vet said, my beardie has the same thing going on and the nearest vet is an hour away and honestly, i dont have 100% confidence in them.

Jennocidexo

Original Poster
Shy4nn3":d8yyz3nb said:
Was wondering what the vet said, my beardie has the same thing going on and the nearest vet is an hour away and honestly, i dont have 100% confidence in them.

They said it’s completely normal and a sign of a very healthy dragon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That looks pretty classic to me. As mentioned, their mouths can look a little different & vary in
color also.
Your vet said that it looked normal to him, also? No worries, than. I know, try not to worry but
that's easier said than done with these guys, isn't it? LOL

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom