Gout, MBD, Nurrological, Injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow! The info on the GMO's was very interesting and extremely scary all at the same time. :shock:
I'll toss all the fake stuff and only give the silkworms with organic squash alfalfa and baby arugula.

Thank you so much!

Danielle

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Good call by Tracie on nixing the live protein, that was why I said that too, I think she just can't handle it right now, or her kidneys can't, and she's never going to get the Uric Acid levels down if she keeps taking it in every day. The Alfalfa and the Silkworms will keep her from losing any weight, and this should give the Allopurinol a chance to actually work to start lowering her Uric Acid levels, instead of just fighting new Uric Acid being produced daily due to her eating more live protein...

I had no idea that GMO's had that big of an influence on anything, honestly as much medical, health, and nutrition education I've had, and had very recently at several different Universities, I've never ever had GMO's even come up! Not once. And this includes working at the Animal Diagnostics Lab at Penn State University, which is one of the largest and most prestigious Agricultural Universities in the world...granted I have never been involved in the Botany or Agricultural Farming programs, only the Animal Health Science programs, but you'd think they would be discussing the effect GMO's can have on specific health and medical issues now in any and all 4-year undergrad and graduate schools in the MD/DO, PA, Pharmacy, Nutrition, etc. programs. This is effecting human beings just as much as animals, and it really does make me want to start my own live staple feeder colonies and control everything they eat, because as Tracie just said, "Insects are what they eat"...uhg...

Anyway, I'm going to do some reading on the GMO's now, hopefully stopping all her live feeders except for the Silkworms will help her, you may also want to order just some straight Serrapeptase, as I'm pretty sure most of the people with beardies who were in the middle of a gout attack that I have spoken to ordered Serrapeptase online immediately, as it's been tough finding live Silkworms for sale in the last year or so, and while they were waiting for their vet appointment they gave their beardie the Serrapeptase, which always seemed to help the swelling and pain pretty effectively, then when they finally got to their first vet visit they were given the prescription pain meds and anti inflammatory meds most would still continue giving the Serrapeptase because it allowed them to give their dragons less of the Tramadol or the Metacam...

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's between 4-6 months old, how many silk worms a day should I give her since I'll be cutting out all the other live feeders?

Is this one ok?
93630-2113975892.jpg
Can I just open the capsule and give her a small amount of it mixed into a greens slurry daily?

I just ordered a gram scale as well so I can monitor her weight.

It's scary how much we don't know about the foods we put into our bodies and feed to our children and pets. My sister will love that story, she's always protesting against Monsanto. I wonder why it's not discussed more in Schools. That's shady!

Thanks again ladies! I appreciate all the information!

-Danielle

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well it Looks like she maybe feeling a little bit better. I set down the silkworms and she came down from her basking rock and walked to the other side of the tank.
93630-9317245497.jpg

She then tried to climb over the ornament so she could try and eat the silkies through the glass lol
93630-1555053695.jpg
93630-9435716541.jpg

Poor girl! She hasn't moved around her viv in almost two weeks. ??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, that's great ! I'm glad you see a little positive action from your baby. She's like, hey I may not feel well but I can still muscle up some strength to wobble over for a gourmet meal . :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Danielle,

That is great news, hopefully she is feeling better. Maybe her joints aren't hurting as much.
It is a really good sign that she is moving around her tank more also!
Well, that is a hard question on the feeders. Try 3-4 daily, to see how she does. I think along
with the alfalfa powder & slurries, that should be sufficient.
Yes, genetically modified foods are harmful to your health. They try to hide a lot of the facts
because we are talking about the government here. LOL Monsanto is an arm of the government
which is why they like to push their narrative & agenda. GMO foods are sprayed with roundup
which is owned & produced by Monsanto. The roundup has glyphosates which kills bugs & insects
& has been greatly affecting the honey bees. It cases intestinal disturbances & death in insects.
So, you can imagine what it can do to animals & humans. Your sister protests Monsanto? Awesome.
I wish they educated people about it, but they just don't!
I could go on more about it, but you can see how frustrating the whole situation is!
That serrapeptase is fine. You can just open the capsule & sprinkle some of the powder on her
food or into the slurries, absolutely.

Let us know how she is doing!

Tracie

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol she sure did wobble over AHBD. There's one thing that hasn't changed through all of this and that's her appetite for anything moving. Unfortunately, thats causing all the problems. ?

Ok thanks Tracie, I'll adjust her diet.

Thank you so much guys!

Have a great weekend!

Danielle

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
MONSANTO OWNS THE COMPANY THAT MAKES "ROUND-UP"? You've got to be kidding me...I was well aware of the government interest and the lobby, but I had no idea that Monsanto actually owned the pesticide companies...what a racket. That is extremely frustrating. I've never been one to buy any Organic foods at all, but that may change. I do get most of my fresh greens and veggies from my mom's garden, she and my stepfather have their house on a huge property, and since my mom retired a few years ago she has turned a large portion of their cleared land into a massive vegetable garden. Then they added a pretty awesome greenhouse onto their own house, it looks like a little log cabin actually, it's an actual wooden building on a foundation with full electricity and temperature control. So my mom has really gotten in to eating only organic foods and only eating greens, veggies, and fruit that she grows herself. She has been bugging the hell out of me the last couple of years, I guess I should have listened to her, lol...I stop over a couple of times a week and she hands me bags of fresh veggies. It's hilarious, she'll have a huge cardboard box sitting by the door for me, and she'll be like "Okay, so there's Arugula and Bok Choy in there for the lizards, and there's Romaine and the last of my Spinach for the parrots...and I finally took down the last of the green beans yesterday, so what's in there is it for this year, so you're just going to have to split them up between the lizards and the birds, they'll just have to make do with what's left. I know Izzy likes the green beans a lot so you're going to have to start going to Wegmans and buying her some Organic green beans there until next summer...Ellen you make sure you go to Wegmans at least once every other week and get Izzy her green beans, I feel badly I don't have any more for her now, so you make sure you get her green beans for her, and Ellen, you buy the Organic for her, don't you try to save ten cents by not buying her the Organic ones, I'm telling you..." It's hysterical, my mom will go on and on about how lizards shouldn't be kept as pets and how she has no idea why I have them blah blah blah, then the next minute she's all concerned that I am buying Izzy enough green beans and that they are Organic green beans from Wegmans, because "Izzy loves her green beans", lol...

She's looking better today! I'm glad she was on the move, they are funny when they see live bugs through the container they're in or through their enclosures and they try to "dig through" the glass to get to them...And yes, I'd definitely order those Serrapeptase capsules and just add a pinch or two to her slurries daily, I have no first-hand experience with my beardies and gout, but I'm pretty sure that every other person I've spoken to about their dragons who had gout all ordered Serrapeptase online, and they all agreed that they saw pretty immediate, positive results from their dragons taking it daily. Obviously she'll get more concentrated amounts of Serrapeptase from the straight doses of it than in the Silkworms, and from what I've seen in the past it really does noticeably help with the swelling in their extremities and by reducing their pain, as apparent by their increased mobility. It's a good supplement to keep around for the future too, just in case...

On my own beardie home-front, my 5 month old male, Dee Dee, just vomited up all the bugs he ate yesterday. All of them. :puke: It's absolutely disgusting, and more importantly I have no idea what's wrong with him, he's never been sick a day since I got him, and he's not looking too good right now. He's basking right now and has been since I disinfected his enclosure and gave him a bath because of course he walked right through the vomit after it did it, but he looks tired and is obviously dehydrated now...I'm going to see how he is later, hopefully he just has an upset tummy right now and that's why he looks a bit green, we'll see I guess...I hate it when they get sick, it's maddening, isn't it? They can't tell you what's wrong with them and you are desperate to help them, but you feel helpless to do so...I feel for you and what you've been through with your little girl, that just must be so difficult to see her in pain and not be able to immediately take her pain away :cry:

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh wow that's great to have your own supply of organic veggies, at least you know what your eating and feeding to others. It's a great idea, especially with all the crap being sold today. I was at the grocery store A few months ago and was blown away by the size of a carrot! I literally took a picture of my son holding it in a baseball stance. It was the size of a baseball bat! Nothing natural about that! ?

Hope your dragons feeling better!

Today is day 7 on allopurinol and I must say, while the swelling is still the same, she is in much better spirits. Her eyes are bright and alert and she no longer has that agonizing look in her eyes. She is venturing off the basking rock a little more. Especially when I bring out the silkworms, she comes down and waits for me to open the door like she used to in the past. She is till limping obviously but it looks a lot better and she is walking longer distances! I took her out today and she walked across the entire living room. Overall she seems like she's feeling a lot better!!!! She woke this morning, puffed her beard out and stood tall and proud! A huge difference from last week!

The pic on top is from today and the bottom pic is her last week. You can see a big difference in her eyes and posture!
93630-8956006351.jpg
We just maybe on the road to recovery! ??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Danielle,

That is wonderful, it sounds like she is possibly feeling better or at least starting to anyway!
Her alertness is a great sign. Keep up the great work with her. Bless her, she is definitely got
fighting spirit to her, absolutely.
Unfortunately yes, Ellen, Monsanto owns the Roundup Corp, so it is definitely racketeering, but
all is ok when it's the government, right?
Once I found out about the chemicals, etc being sprayed onto everything, organic is the only
way to go. I know nothing's perfect, but it does cut down the amount of chemicals drastically,
that are allowed. It is much healthier or grow your own if possible. I hope Dee Dee feels better!

Tracie

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Good afternoon all!

I just got my gram scale and weighed Deka. She is 129 grams, not 60 grams as I was told. Either she gained 69 grams in two weeks or their scale was off. So I recalculated the medicine and I believe she should be getting .25 mls (the allopurinol is 10mg/ml) Should I adjust her dose or should I continue with the .12 dose?

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Oh wow, that's huge!!! No wonder the Allopurinol took so long to kick-in, that's over double what they thought her weight was!!! Yes, I would definitely adjust the dosage accordingly! It would be different if it was 25 grams or less, their weight can vary that much just due to a bowel movement, but over twice the weight that they used to calculate the dosage is not good at all, so definitely, and be sure to update the vet on that when she's given a refill so you don't get shorted again.

Dee Dee seems to be feeling a bit better, but I can tell something isn't quite right. He's bright and basking normally, but his appetite is non-existent right now. You have to understand that this is the almost 6 month old that since I brought him home at 4 weeks old has eaten absolutely ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that I have ever given him. He eats every last piece of veggies, greens, fruit, RepCal pellets, and then will eat more BSFL in 10 minutes than I'm willing to feed him. Where as Izzy, my huge 11 month old girl (she's fat, I can sugar-coat it any way I want to, and I have been, but she's just fat) will just look at the next live BSFL or Dubia that I throw in for her and waddle off to her basking spot and leave the bug when she's full, Dee Dee just keeps going, I've actually never gotten him "full", as I won't let him eat that much...so this is worrisome. He at a few wax worms yesterday and a few pieces of collard greens and mustard greens this morning, but he won't touch anything else today, and he's drinking a ton of water, so much that I put a bowl of water in his enclosure and he's been lapping it up out of the bowl. I'm assuming he's dehydrated because of the massive amount of vomit yesterday, then last night he had the biggest poop I've ever seen (normal, thank god, nothing weird about it at all, but just huge). I just put him on the "Beardie Window Pillow" that is in my front Bay Window, they all take turns sitting on it and looking outside at the neighbors. He's enjoying himself right now, so we'll see. If he doesn't start eating normally by tomorrow I'll call my CRV and take him in...

I was just saying to myself the other day "Wow, I haven't been to see the reptile vet or the avian vet in like 6 months, it's a record"...spoke too soon :banghead:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Danielle,

Wow, that is a pretty good discrepancy of weight there. For now, I would go ahead & adjust
the dosage for her weight. At the weight & solution as you figured it, the dose of .26ml
(rounded up) is fine. Definitely talk to the vet about it though.
I hope she is doing good today!

I hope Dee Dee is feeling better. At least he went to the bathroom & it was normal. Maybe
something just didn't sit well with him for some reason. Good luck at the vets too. They do
love watching out the window indeed!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom