5-7 month old beardie out for about 4 hrs, is he ok??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. My juvenile was out of his cage for about 4 hours today. He ate right before being taken out. He was outside for about 2 hours, today was niceish, high of 79 low of 59. He was outside during daylight, but afternoon like 4:30-6. Not super sunny but a little. He was also around a bonfire, could this cause breathing/lung issues? For the other 2 hours he was out he was in a car/house and was kept warm by being bundled with a blanket or being on humans. I am worried 1) about his digestion since he ate right before and 2) his schedule being off. He is now up way past time he is usually sleeping and doesn't appear tired. Do I turn his lights for digestion? Or to compensate from being out the hear for so long? Thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He should be perfectly fine since this isn't a regular occurrence. I am sure he will digest just
fine as soon as he gets some heat the next day. Their schedules do get off from time to time.
Unless he was really close to the fire, that shouldn't pose a problem or cause any breathing
issues, either assuming he wasn't really close to the fire.
Just see how he does the next day which is today I guess & make sure he digested his meal.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Terrific, I thought he would be just fine. :D They can adapt pretty well, plus, I am sure that
the excitement was a good stimulator for him to experience new things.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom