My baby dragon setup ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwayne8

93957-4391503357.jpg
93957-70408155.jpg
93957-5852646786.jpg

Does my baby Bearded dragon setup look right?

18”LX18”WX12”H Exo Terra front door tank
50 watt basking bulb at 12” high on holder
25 watt mini halogen hulb beside basking bulb for his hammock
Thermometer always reads 105 on basking spot
Heat emitter for night
18” zoo med repti sun 10.0 bulb in the back
All lights are on a 13 hour timer

Repti carpet for substrate
Water bowl

Feeding him baby dubia roaches and he loves them! Also feeding baby blend of veggies

He does close his left eye every time I go up to the cage and look at him! I just got him about 4 days ago and he loves to just sit at the doors of the front cage and just stare out!

Need to know if this setup looks good?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks pretty good. I would stop using the red light as that might make things look distorted. You probably don't need a light on the cool side if the temps are at around 75-85 (your 105 basking temp is great). I'd also put the T8 UVB light inside the top. It should sit about 6-8'' above the basking area to be most effective.

Jwayne8

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2iy9tnv7 said:
It looks pretty good. I would stop using the red light as that might make things look distorted. You probably don't need a light on the cool side if the temps are at around 75-85 (your 105 basking temp is great). I'd also put the T8 UVB light inside the top. It should sit about 6-8'' above the basking area to be most effective.

He likes to sit under the red one though!
But can I use a uva/uvb halogen bulb for the basking light and just have that and the uvb light?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M28F30J/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is the link to the bulb I’m talking about!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the halogen produces enough heat it will work for a basking light. The UVB light should be next to the basking light so it covers the basking area with heat from the basking light and intense UVB from the UVB light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom