Rankins or Bearded Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kline949

Hey there, I just bought this bearded dragon from Petsmart, they told me it's 5 months old and I'm having a hard time believing that, he's very small for 5 months. They said it could be a rankins dragon and they have no way of knowing, which would explain the size. I'm kind of worried because I like bearded dragons for their size. Can anyone tell me if this is a bearded or a rankins dragon? And maybe what kind of bearded it is? The employees at petsmart didn't really seem like they knew anything about him. He's in a 40 gallon tank, does anyone have any tips on how to ensure he grows as large as possible? Thanks!

2vuiv6p.jpg

27yn19s.jpg

oavwyh.jpg

14d33ao.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Looks like a normal bearded dragon to me... though doesn't look anything near 5 months. He looks more 1-4 months maybe. Usually feeding the right stuff and having correct lights can get a beardie to grow good.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. A few months old and a regular central dragon. Cute little guy and looks healthy! Please let us know if you have any questions about his care. We'll be happy to help if we can.

KingTy

Sorry for being late to discussion
When I first got my normal beardie they told me she was 2.5 months old, at first I had doubts and thought she might have been a rankins because she was so small, around 4inches long, but once I fed her as much as she wanted to eat, she grew so fast. glad I took so many pictures so I can see how much she grew in such a short time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom