Safe cleaners for bearded dragon habitats

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY EVERYONE!!! So I have owned my male Beardie ,Goony,(His original name was Laguna, because we thought he was a girl) for several weeks now and he is EXTREMELY HAPPY. I was just wondering what cleaners are safe to use to get his habitat clean. I have mostly been using a spray bottle of water and some paper towels,but i feel like i am not getting his habitat clean enough. Does anybody know of a safe non-toxic cleaner to use??? Any advice is really appreciated.THANKS!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of people use a F10 diluted solution to sanitize the tank & for general, overall cleaning.
Another good, non toxic one is a diluted vinegar & water solution. It is very safe to use since
it doesn't emit any fumes at all.
The diluted bleach solution is a popular cleaner but, if you do use it care absolutely must be
taken so that there isn't any residual fumes left over by rinsing very thoroughly.
A steamer is extremely helpful in disinfecting & essentially killing everything in the tank.
You have some safer alternatives to a water & bleach solution.

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I clean using vinegar & water in a spray bottle to get all solid bits up. Once things are clean I give them a spray with F10 to sanitize. That combination works really well.

KeeperOfTheDragon

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help guys!!!!! I really appreciate it!! I am going to look into the F 10 and see if it would be worth getting some. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom