Dragging legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rc12500

My beardie has been dragging her legs for a few days and I read on here that it could be caused by an impaction, I've been monitoring my beardie very closely and today she took a massive poo, she hasn't moved much since, but I'm assuming that's because she might be worn out from being backed up, will it still be normal for her to drag her legs a little after because she's worn out? or should she start using her legs right away again?

Savora

Hatchling Member
That is also a symptom of MBD. To rule that out, could you let us know what type of UVB bulb you have (flourescent tube, coil, or MVB) and what brand it is?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, she may be worn out from being impacted & her spine was being compressed from the
impaction, leading to her back legs not working well. What was she impacted from, do you
have her on loose substrate or did she eat too large of insects?
As suggested, please review your tank setup with us, such as the temperatures, supplementation,
the type/brand of UVB lighting & the substrate so we can be sure everything is all correct for
her.

Tracie

Rc12500

Original Poster
Drache613":3sc37pb9 said:
Hello,

Yes, she may be worn out from being impacted & her spine was being compressed from the
impaction, leading to her back legs not working well. What was she impacted from, do you
have her on loose substrate or did she eat too large of insects?
As suggested, please review your tank setup with us, such as the temperatures, supplementation,
the type/brand of UVB lighting & the substrate so we can be sure everything is all correct for
her.

Tracie
She’s seems to be doing better today I saw her jumping from rock to rock in her tank
She’s on a repicarpet and I think she gobbled her insects a little too fast, she eats 5 super worms every other day and has pellets and freeze dried crickets in her food bowl everyday
Her temps are 95-105 during the day and about 86-88 at night, she has a reptisun 10.0 UVB light on her cool side and a 100w repti basking spot lamp along with a 60w ceramic heat emitter for the colder months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom