New time owner - experts advise.. Normal shed? Not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commissaar

Original Poster
I've been feeding her:

Medium crickets and medium locusts. I tried some medium black crickets and she didn't seem to like those as much as the standard silent ones. I tried a few meal worms before reading on here how bad they are (sadly she seemed to love them.) so I've chucked the pack away and she poo'd normally after them, it was about 4 days ago so hopefully no lasting ill effects? She absolutely loves silkworms (which I'm raising to a big size for her now) and she will eat calciworms. I fed her about 4 wax worms total and she did eat a cricket and some calciworms after so hopefully she isn't snubbing the other food. Morio worms seem huge - but I've heard they're ok? Aren't they just big meal worms though? :? It took her a few days before she would eat veggies. She HATES apple, she tried it and screwed up her face and spat it out. Likes coriander and parsley loads, also butternut squash and pumpkin. The thing is, the medium crickets seem to be... kinda big. I struggle with the 'no-bigger-than-space-between-eyes' thing because I was advised medium to large crickets and locusts but they seem to be a little tight. As in, they're probably smaller but might be debatable? Ah, I'm just a bit of a worry wart, I want the best for my baby. She is sleeping now. :) She hasn't picked a spot yet but likes to snuggle herself under things at night.

Commissaar

Original Poster
I also add to her mix some arcadia bearded dragon dried stuff, which contains chamomile and dandelion and some other herbs. Just for some variety, about 10% of the greens in her plate. She seems to like these. I'll also maybe get some pellets just to sprinkle on the greens, as it's hard work getting her to notice the bowl sometimes... she is a little ditzy. I had to cover 3 walls of her tank as she would chase reflections of the bugs instead of the bugs right next to her...

Commissaar

Original Poster
She did a poop today! It seemed a bit watery. Have given her probiotics and a very small amount of zilla jump start? I hope that was okay.

Commissaar

Original Poster
I'm not sure. I know she's young. About 12cm and 98g. She's was 86 last week so seems to be growing.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe it bumped something or perhaps it's just covered with something. It doesn't look bad though so I'd try to clean it off gently but if it doesn't clean off I'd keep an eye on it and see if it spreads or starts to look worse. It doesn't look like a problem at the moment though.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good to hear that she poo'd, she seems reasonably healthy and the little discolored scale is pretty common, usually nothing at all to worry about. :)

Commissaar

Original Poster
Seems to have her appetite back today, eating 3 blueberries whole and about 6 crickets for breakfast. This is normal for her so far, and she seems active.

Commissaar

Original Poster
Also noticed she seems to have separation anxiety? Every so often she will get stress marks really bad in her terrarium and press herself onto the doors as if to say she wants out. When I take her out and let her explore my bed and cuddle her stress marks disappear... Will this get better with time? Temps and humidity in viv is fine... Worried as I'm a teacher so out of the house a while sometimes...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes it indicates there is something off in the tank and they want out but if everything is OK there, then it could just be that she's curious and likes to be out of the tank. My guy is like that too. She may or may not grow out of it. Just give her time out of the tank to explore when you can. If everything is set up correctly, time in the tank won't be harmful to her.

Commissaar

Original Poster
She absolutely loves exploring on my bed, since I can put my knees up under the covers and she has hills to climb. :p She also seems to enjoy 'digging' into the folds of the bedsheet and likes to hide under cushions. I think it's just that she likes exploring. I'm continually checking the temperature and it always seems fine. I'm using probe thermometers as well. Today she's eaten about 20 crickets, and even chose calci worms over wax worms! She's also had some bok choi, so I'm happy she seems to be getting her appetite back! I'm thinking maybe she's still settling in, I've only had her a bit over a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom