Bad eating habit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladylucifeara

So my beardie baby is about 2 months old...if that.

When we first got him he would only eat about every second day and only about 10 crickets per feeding and a bite or two of salad. I sit with him for up to an hour in the mornings when I don't have work, to feed him/her (pretty sure a her) to no avail. Slowly his habits picked up but he will still only eat 1x/day when I get home. Baby plows through about 15-20 crickets and 5-8 Superworms. As far as I can tell, he eats 0% of his salad (usually collard greens, or collard greens with peppers and/strawberry.)

Is this sufficient? If not what can I do to help? By the time the food is digested and could maybe for seconds, it's lights out. I'm really concerned!

ladylucifeara

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":5an3u9zn said:
Here is a guide on how you should be feeding your hatchling . His diet and feeding schedule needs adjustments
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236209&p=1815777#p1815777

The issue is on the weekdays I start work at 6:00am and his lights are on about a 12 hour period from aprox. 9:00am to 9:30pm so I leave some food for him which goes uneaten and then dedicate my off days and weekends to trying to get him fed in the morning.

How do people manage a morning feeding if working? Very stressfull....I want this baby to stay healthy.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I adjust the lighting schedule around my work hours. You can increase the light cycle to 14hrs and have the lights come on around 4:30 or 5 so you have time for a morning feeding then off around 6 or 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom