Broly the new super saiyan beardie

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I used to knit and crochet and stuff while watching TV, but I'd miss too much of the video, especially something like Dr Who where you miss a lot if you take your eyes off the screen for even a couple of seconds, so now I only do it during the commercials or if I'm listening to something that's audio only.

Some people would probably call Dr Who "campy", but I think British "camp" is a lot more sophisticated than American "camp". :wink:

At least Broly's poop is the same color as what he ate, so no mystery there. And there's a big difference between "textbook" "normal" and what's "normal" for each individual beardie. Puff has red or pink stuff in between the white urate and the brown poop more often than not, and I've gotten over thinking it's blood ever since I got a good enough sample for the vet to look at under a microscope, so I don't worry about it too much anymore now that I know it's normal for him. And sometimes he's pretty good at staying out of his own messes and other times he needs a little toilet paper and a bath, so not too different from Broly.

It sounds like Kane's got this brumation thing all figured out -- wake up, eat, poop, and go back to sleep. At least he seems to know better than to try to go back to sleep before he's done digesting his meals. :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yup, Kane will sleep after 48 hours of up time. Not counting sleep of course.

Broly is good...Eagles won! We watched the game. My dad went against us rooting for Panthers...how could you?!
It was friendly because he really cares for Seahawks. Mean comments here and there but nothing resulting into arguments or fight. We compete redneck style...because we are redneck! Not trailer trash version.

People have annoyed me today..they kept tryin to distract my service dog. I explained to lots of people today and they understand. This one guy...oooh!!! How I would totally kicked his....*breathes*. Anyway I explained yet again why not to and he got the RUDEST attitude. Telling me if you don't want attention don't bring your dog. Uh,, stupid I have to bring him he's a SERVICE dog for a reason hes not for show and tell... inappropriate words here. Omg!! That guy...I watch horror for a reason. It's destressing for me.
Saying I don't need a dog...I said i do I have a mental disability...he says not real. My dad wanted to punch his jaw off. So not only was that ahole infuriating I had to calm my dad or it's jail. Some people just need to shut the hell up! People like that stupid pile of crap are the reason I don't like socializing.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":1jhxzter said:
Hey,

Yup, Kane will sleep after 48 hours of up time. Not counting sleep of course.

Broly is good...Eagles won! We watched the game. My dad went against us rooting for Panthers...how could you?!
It was friendly because he really cares for Seahawks. Mean comments here and there but nothing resulting into arguments or fight. We compete redneck style...because we are redneck! Not trailer trash version.

People have annoyed me today..they kept tryin to distract my service dog. I explained to lots of people today and they understand. This one guy...oooh!!! How I would totally kicked his....*breathes*. Anyway I explained yet again why not to and he got the RUDEST attitude. Telling me if you don't want attention don't bring your dog. Uh,, stupid I have to bring him he's a SERVICE dog for a reason hes not for show and tell... inappropriate words here. Omg!! That guy...I watch horror for a reason. It's destressing for me.
Saying I don't need a dog...I said i do I have a mental disability...he says not real. My dad wanted to punch his jaw off. So not only was that ahole infuriating I had to calm my dad or it's jail. Some people just need to shut the hell up! People like that stupid pile of crap are the reason I don't like socializing.
I have had those days, i dont have a service dog but when i tell someone i dont like to be touched and they touch me more.....grrrrrr!!! Theres a reason i dont like crowds, and most people, they dont understand. One such incident was actually with a guy that we talk to in publix, i told his that i dont like crowds, or being touched. He then proceeds to continue to touch my arm every few seconds!! It is mainly PTSD related but people dont stop and think, when they touch me they trigger my PTSD which triggers my other mental afflictions. It is like being a trapped animal that wants to rip someones face off, but, at the same time scream in terror and cringe into a corner as tightly balled as possible.
I am glad to see the boys are doing fine and your dad didnt land himself in jail....People like that guy dont understand that many of us are not outwardly afflicted and that mental illness of all kinds is real. I have physical disabilities but am judged because i am over weight....i get told all the time "if you would lose weight you wouldnt have a hard time getting around" ehem yup that will fis all o fmy spinal, nerve, and joint problems.....also that might just fix my muscle spasm disorder and partial seizures.......:D we all take it in stride and i admire your composure in that situation, i would have probably paniced and ran or screamed at him it depends on if im in an upswing or down swing in mood.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It sounds like the three of us have a lot in common...

"Don't bring your dog if you don't want attention" and it's a service dog? And mental disabilities are "not real"? OMG -- seriously? :shock: Makes you wonder what some people use for brains. :roll:

I also have issues with crowds and rude people -- I guess I'm just hypersensitive. It's probably a miracle that I lasted in the work force as long as I did before I completely burned out and had to quit (depression, nervous breakdown, whatever it was -- they could never get a clear diagnosis, nor could they find a "cure"). It happened twice at two different jobs, and in each case it was a critical and demanding supervisor that pushed me over the edge. I ended up not eligible for disability benefits, but I can at least file for regular social security if I need to in two more years (I'm 60 now), but I plan to hold out for a higher monthly payment if my husband is still working and if we can still live on his salary, because we may need more later if I live that long.

I believe in "neurodiversity" and "size diversity". In other words, people who have ADHD, autism, mood swings, etc, or who are fat don't need to be "fixed" -- they need to find a living situation that accommodates their disabilities and allows them to use their abilities, if at all possible. You and I are both lucky, Kami, that we have husbands who are willing to help out when we're not up to doing our share of the work.

For example, Puffie made a little mess at the bottom of his tank yesterday, and by the time I noticed it I was too tired to clean it up, so poor Daddy had to do it when he got home from work, and it was probably all my fault -- I was the one who gave him some Repashy Grub Pie the day before (excellent laxative). Puff did seem to enjoy it, and at least he had enough sense (this time, for once) to stay out of his own mess until it got cleaned up.

I share your opinion of people who think that all your problems could be solved if you would "just lose weight", Beardymama33, even doctors (unfortunately). Someone coined the phrase "health care professionals" :lol: (too true). The only thing that they can prescribe is a strict "diet" (controlled starvation) and forced "exercise" (usually impossible when you don't have enough energy and/or if it hurts to move), but that makes it worse in the long run. I've got news for them: dieting causes and/or exacerbates eating disorders and depression, and in the long term worsens the very problem it's trying to solve. The basic formula "calories in - calories out = weight lost" may work in the short term, but in the long run it's not sustainable if there's a human body involved. We are wired by evolution to adapt to repeated famine, and our bodies don't know the difference between a "diet" and a "famine". There is a growing body of research that is beginning to show that staying "overweight" is not as dangerous to one's health as "yo-yo dieting", and that probably over 90 percent of people who lose weight by dieting gain it all back and then some within about a year or two. Many of us have learned that by our own personal experience, but for many strange reasons most people in the medical profession are still prescribing things that are ultimately making the "problem" worse, instead of just accepting the possibility that both healthy and unhealthy people come in all shapes and sizes.

Well, I guess that was enough of a TLDR rant for one post. :oops: But it's also understandable why none of us like being in crowds or around people who don't get it... :roll: Much better to surround ourselves with bearded dragons and/or other reptiles and critters -- then the worst you ever get is the occasional "stink eye". :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Sooo Photobucket is a pay to use on other sites. Used to be free... Well ok...
I don't like posting anyway and yes I know of the image uploader.

Anyway, Broly has super normal stool today. He fought me on taking vitamin. I got it in. He ate mustards then what greens he had left had bm'd on it. So i had to pour hot water on the bowl. I also had to clean up his floor.

Ikr! The nerve of that guy! Mental health is real and it's a pain to be told no, it's not. I may look "normal" but my brain is wired way differently than others who don't have anything wrong with them. Im so damn smart I taught myself guitar! I learned chords from just hearing someone play. Im not trying to brag but I don't know anyone without aspergers, ADHD or something similar teach themselves. I taught myself because I was interested and guitar was an obsessive interest. I learned all there was to learn so then switched to african dwarf frogs. I brought some later on that same year. I learned enough and switch to saltwater tank etc..those frogs are still alive! Old age got some of them fortunately. I can keep them all alive. Im mostly on weirdplanet with other autistic people. I think ADHD are there too. Im mostly friends with them all. Really nice people, like here...pg13 language too.

I don't wanna go on too long for TLDR. One day..I will post a TLDR about my struggles with people and how Asperger's affects my life and brain. Some of it is sad but I can now get through the thought without crying.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":2vfd9xyk said:
Hey,

Sooo Photobucket is a pay to use on other sites. Used to be free... Well ok...
I don't like posting anyway and yes I know of the image uploader.

Anyway, Broly has super normal stool today. He fought me on taking vitamin. I got it in. He ate mustards then what greens he had left had bm'd on it. So i had to pour hot water on the bowl. I also had to clean up his floor.

Ikr! The nerve of that guy! Mental health is real and it's a pain to be told no, it's not. I may look "normal" but my brain is wired way differently than others who don't have anything wrong with them. Im so damn smart I taught myself guitar! I learned chords from just hearing someone play. Im not trying to brag but I don't know anyone without aspergers, ADHD or something similar teach themselves. I taught myself because I was interested and guitar was an obsessive interest. I learned all there was to learn so then switched to african dwarf frogs. I brought some later on that same year. I learned enough and switch to saltwater tank etc..those frogs are still alive! Old age got some of them fortunately. I can keep them all alive. Im mostly on weirdplanet with other autistic people. I think ADHD are there too. Im mostly friends with them all. Really nice people, like here...pg13 language too.

I don't wanna go on too long for TLDR. One day..I will post a TLDR about my struggles with people and how Asperger's affects my life and brain. Some of it is sad but I can now get through the thought without crying.
I have ADHD, PTSD, anxiety, depression, and hypersensative hearing (due to the PTSD) and partial seizures, i know the struggle! I taught myself to do beading and some sewing tricks even my mom is suprised that i can do!! I also have physical disabilities that make it hard to do some things but i still do them! and yet, people see only the surface in all of us and judge....if you look up That Creepy Family on youtube you can see my projects, reviews, and draconis reacting to creepy pastas and such! That is something i also do! BTW you can ring your bell if you wanna cause you did something that even many non afflicted people cant do! I tried to play the guitar but i dont have the fingers for it... i can play the native american flutes of all sizes (self taught) and most drums! :D
I do like that you got mr cranky stubborn butt to eat his greens and vitamins....:D mine wont even touch his greens! i even thought i was smart and chopped them up and mixed them with beardy bites.... he just rooted around eating the bites leaving the greens!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I have PTSD, OCD and Asperger's.

My parents never understood why I like routine. I always clean my hamster cages once a week. If I couldn't, then I get upset and whine. My parents didn't understand and do it tomorrow. Tomorrow was bad for me. I wanted it done on a specific day.

Im def ringing my own bell thanks.

I have my struggle story in my head and will post it soon.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Well, there's something else we all have in common -- beardies who don't like to eat their greens. Puff has yet to poop in his veggies -- heck, he won't even go near them of his own free will and choice. :roll:

You both have every right to celebrate your accomplishments and "ring your own bell" as much as you like. I've noticed that lots of people who have ADHD and/or autism tend to be really smart and even genius level in certain areas. I think the word is "savant".

The first time I went into psychotherapy (about 35 years ago), I was diagnosed as "normal with a slight tendency toward depression", then "cyclothymic", then (after a few attempts with medication) as full blown "manic-depressive" (more commonly called "bipolar" nowadays). The medications either make me crazier than I already am or they don't work at all, and I finally thought to myself, "Ok, first I was normal and now I've got a 'mental illness' -- if I keep going to these doctors and taking these drugs, they'll have me psychotic or schizophrenic sooner or later." So I gave up on psychiatry and took great pleasure in proving them wrong for about 10 years, but eventually it caught up with me, at least as far as being able to hold down a job was concerned. Later diagnoses have included "chronic fatigue" or "adrenal fatigue" (something only naturopaths believe in), and I've wondered myself if I don't also have a little touch of ADD (without the "hyperactivity" component -- I'm a couch potato) or autism as well, but I'm just guessing. It's got to be something pretty complicated or they'd have figured it out by now. I have reason to believe that there has been a hormonal component as well, which should have gone away when I completed menopause in 2015, but no such luck. So I'm coping as best I can these days with no doctors, no drugs, and a husband who is willing to put up with me and help out with whatever I can't do.

So I'm not really sure how my brain is wired, but it's kind of like I spend half of my time in the "normal" world (if there even really is any such thing) and the other half on "weirdplanet", and on my good days I enjoy them both. On my bad days I just muddle through as best I can and try to remind myself that the bad doesn't last forever, at least not so far.

Always wanting and maybe even needing to learn new stuff is not a bad thing -- I taught myself to play the guitar years ago, but not just by listening -- I had to have books and chord diagrams and sheet music etc etc -- just no human instructors, and I wouldn't say that I ever got really good at it. Then a few years ago my husband's allergist mentioned that playing woodwind instruments such as a flute would be good exercise for his asthma, so we bought a cheap plastic recorder flute for $1 at Walmart and played around with it, but guess who ended up playing with it the most? (hint: not the one with the asthma :wink: ) I've learned to play a number of simple tunes out of my husband's church hymnbook, and I can tell that it is good breathing exercise. I like knitting & crocheting too, but someone taught me the basics when I was around 10 years old and then I went on to teach myself a few of the fancier stitches out of books and stuff. Nowadays I usually make it up as I go along and I barely remember how to read a pattern. I've been wanting to get into beading -- the Alaska Natives do some beautiful stuff -- but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Well, I guess that was another one of my TLDRs. I'll look forward to reading yours. :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Ok...I guess my TLDR starts.
To start, all animals are fine. It's raining and high wind warning ended.

I'll start with school since ages 3-5 doesn't matter. The only thing there is I was diagnosed with autism.
Ages 6-9 I was picked on for being quiet. So I went through being quiet taking up verbal abuse well into 6th grade. During 6th grade I was bullied, shoved up against walls and stuffed in my locker. This was done by other 6th graders, 7th and 8th graders. Teachers called me lazy. Basically no one liked me. I never cried in front of anyone. 7th and 8th grade was better. 9-10th was ok. 11th I got bullied yet again. I didn't have a locker I shared with a friend. I had friends this time. The kids were very cruel. Most didn't even know me had crap to say. They always stopped me to say something cruel. I would roll my eyes and ignore them. Ignoring never worked I was a target. 12th grade was the worst. I was called non pg13 names. I had an ex spread rumors after dumping him. Most kids took it and started saying lots of bad things. writing bad notes to me. Funny when they couldn't spell...
I then just resorted to fighting some bullies. Some bullies bought knives threatening me I took knives too. I never cut anyone. I was expelled from school I was a danger. I was sent to a school for bad kids. I liked it there..tbh. So good behavior sent me back to regular school. Bullying started again. Sent some home with missing teeth because I punched hard. I snapped i was through with being bullied for no damed reason! People were at first you can talk why don't you talk. I talk just to get told shut up no one likes you. I then sat there...awkward. The non pg13 names started again...I dropped out, never went to prom or graduate. I got GED in college. School taught me to not like people. No matter what I did..talk don't talk ignore don't ignore...someone started something with me and their friends joined in. I had no friends towards the end of 12th anyway. I was nothing but depressed throughout school. Not happy being there...I wasnt safe there. The college people were the only ones to leave me alone. All I wanted in school was to be invisible while some invisable kids wanted to be sort of noticed. People just wouldn't leave me alone! I didn't have to do or say anything. I just learned to not trust anyone after school ended for me. Never had one real friend. I was alone on my own...it didn't matter. I survived is all that mattered.

Well pretty much bullying story than Asperger's. I was socially impaired. Even if I did try to muster up any courage to talk I would get shot down. I hope you enjoy reading my painful past. May not be painful to some of you but it was to me.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Wow. :shock: :cry: It sounds like you've been through some real hell. That makes my childhood experience with the silly stuff they did to me in early grade school -- and even the more serious bullying and teasing I went through in 7th & 8th grade -- seem like a "walk in the park" by comparison. Kids can be really cruel. Things got better for me in high school and college -- fortunately most people seem to grow out of that kind of meanness by the time they reach their late teens or early twenties, although there are a few who grow up to be jerks and seem to stay that way for the rest of their lives. :(

You deserve better than that, so I hope that things are much better for you nowadays. It seems that you have a good husband and some other family members and friends who love you and understand, or at least try to understand -- as well as all your reptiles and mammals and fish and plants and other critters. I know they keep you pretty busy but I suppose that you also love and enjoy them too. :)

I didn't realize that you were getting the nasty weather. It's been sunny here the last few days, but getting much colder. We lost our cloud blanket and temperatures dropped into the low teens last night. Our first measurable snowfall is expected any day now (there's already snow on the mountains), but in the meantime I guess the rest of the storms went south.

Puff's after-bath cuddle turned into his bedtime cuddle last night :sleepy2:, but he's wide awake at the moment, sitting around under his heat lamps half heartedly flexing his beard and thinking about stuff. So still no signs of any really serious plans for brumation, as in previous years, even though his human slaves sometimes wish that we could just sleep through the winter and not get up until spring. :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yes, school was hell. I have no idea why the 7th and 8th graders didn't like me. I wasn't in their class I was in 6th!!
They didn't even know me. The other 6th graders didn't try to know me. Fighting solves nothing but I was so tired of it by 11th grade. I suppose aspergers played a role as socializing was not my strong suit. I didn't wanna talk to anyone or make friends. I guess no friends considers you weird. Idk what it was. 7-10th were good years no one messed with me. I dressed appropriately for my age. I always did.

These days it's better. I don't socialize with people unless I have to. You know, talkin to food stamps people or social security. I talk to my dr sometimes if Im sick. I don't order food at restaurants for myself...it's THAT bad. You wouldn't think my social impairment would be so bad but it is. It's intimidating to make eye contact. My mother in law is my nurse I guess you can say. I don't have many meltdowns but they happen.

Currently there's a storm coming so I got back up stuff in case power does go out. I hate outages theyre soooo boring LOL. The only time Broly will snuggle though so there's good there. Everyone is fine. Quill has to come inside or he'll run away (he's scared of heavy winds) got both cats in (they usually go to the garden with me then come in with me). They don't go out like others do. Currently Quill is under the bed, cats are sleeping in their room. All reptile rooms doors are closed. Victor is sleeping, our aquatic friends are ready for the storm. Hamsters and guinea pigs are all cleaned up so no one has to brave winds to dump bedding outside in the bin. It's a closed bin..sorry it's another TLDR. There's a lot going on.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Eye contact is a little intimidating for me too. I'm mainly an introvert -- I can be social on my good days but if and when I get tired and/or depressed I become what I call transiently agoraphobic and transiently paranoid, and I have to go home where I can be alone. My husband understands this, and he's kind enough to take me home without arguing about it if we're at a social activity and I need to leave. These days his church group is about my only "in person" social life other than this forum and one other online thing in my neighborhood, and that's probably about as much as I need. But talking with doctors and government agencies is not my idea of a fun social life. :bleick: The other day I had a heck of a time trying to straighten out the mess with my so-called health insurance (Obamacare :roll: ). It's easier to just figure that professional health care is a luxury that I can't afford, but the premiums are actually cheaper than the tax penalties.

We got our first dusting of snow this weekend so the good weather is going "south" around here too. Sounds like you had everyone all tucked in for the storm so I hope you got through it ok. At least Broly doesn't mind snuggling up to a warm human body when his heat lamps are out.

BTW (and I may have said this before) I don't mind TLDRs, especially since I'm probably the worst offender myself. :oops: :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

We had gusts hit over 60 here. Winds were 35mph. Power flickered. The city cut trees back so we didnt lose power. The trees werent an issue, winds were. We have a tarantula pet now! I love all spiders so he's mine. Tom was totally against it but it's ok he finally said ok. We don't pick him up so cage cleaning he has to get picked up in a cup. My pet only..no one else's. The reptiles don't mind.

Tom helped an injured eagle. Lying outside on our driveway. Turned out a broken wing. He's outside in a dog crate (not used). He's not our pet and we don't want it to be. Wanna help him though hes wild. No neighbors so no one can say "we're keeping a wild bird." People are so quick to accuse if it looks suspicious. Eagles are rare but doesn't mean we'll keep him. We're not going to try socialize him. We give him food and water. We have lots of pheonix worms(bred) to help this guy eat. He's drank some. He's got his wing wrapped in cloth and he's resting. He's a real sweetheart though and he does eat a tiny bit. Tom isnt sure about inflammatory meds. It's an eagle not a reptile, cat or dog. He's not sure if it's a good idea. he wants to give meds...poor bird. He doesn't seem to feel too badly as he does get up and hop. Tom thinks it's a juvenile eagle, smaller than an adult. He'll be let go when hes healed. Who knows maybe he'll come back and see us once in a while. I just checked on him and ate his food! All of it!! We don't bother him like kids would have. He's asleep in the corner. He's not in a dog crate out in the open. He's in a dog crate behind a gate...effective against the fox and wolves.

We do have a few wildlife friends. We have a buck. Tom nursed him to health who pretty much lives in our yard. He had no mom around. Deer was not full grown. he's a beautiful buck. Very sweet he met our eagle. Eagle was not happy about that. We told him to go and he left to sit under his tree. He can leave if he wanted to he chooses not to. We have a family of squirells who are friends they take nuts from us. We also have a female hawk who visits us.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
They used to have a tarantula at the rescue where we got Puff. His name was Charlotte before they found out he was male, and then they decided it was too late to change his name to Charlie. :wink: We have a number of resident spiders in our house -- none of them are pets but I don't mind them, and I try to get them out of harm's way whenever I find them (like in Puff's feeding pen, for example). I figure that they probably help with the population of other insects such as flies, gnats, and mosquitoes that we don't want too many of around. And I don't suppose it would do Puff any harm if he ate one by accident, although I understand that they're not very nutritious for a beardie.

We're lucky here in Anchorage to have the Bird Training and Learning Center (TLC), a facility where people can take injured wild birds if they find them. The staff and volunteers treat their injuries, nurse them back to health, and release them back into the wild if possible. The ones that survive but end up disabled are kept and taken care of, and some go with handlers to public events for education and outreach.

Maybe Tom can find another vet who has more experience with birds and who can give him some advice about the eagle?

It sounds like you live outside the city somewhere where there's lots of wildlife? We get moose wandering around in Anchorage sometimes, and sometimes they'll munch on the stuff in our gardens and yards, but people are advised to give them a wide berth because they can do some serious damage if provoked. You especially don't want to get between mama moose and her calf. We also seem to have a little family of squirrels living in the trees in our yard this year. I don't know how many there are, but I see them out the window running around in the trees and sometimes I hear them chattering when I'm outside, or at least I think that's what I'm hearing -- it sounds almost like birds chirping. We get lots of magpies and ravens too, and ducks and geese in the parks where there's water. The geese will be flying south for the winter about now, but some of the ducks stick around -- not all the rivers freeze over in a typical winter, so they can usually still find some open water. The magpies and ravens stay around in the winter too. I enjoy watching them. :)

Our electric utility here does a pretty good job keeping the power on, especially considering all the bad weather conditions they have to deal with. We've only had a few power outages that lasted more than an hour or two since we got the reptiles, and none of them so far has lasted for even as long as a day, so we've never had to be seriously concerned about the reptiles because of an outage, at least not yet. Momentary flickers that last long enough to zero out the clocks on our electronic devices are a little more common, but not too bad. Probably the worst thing is when I have the night heat lamps turned on really low with the dimmer switches for Squirmles, and if there's a momentary outage sometimes they don't come back on unless I turn the dimmer switch up, and he gets a little colder than he should be for a few hours, but probably not enough to do him any real harm. It gets a little colder in his room at night because the heater is in the living room, even though I leave the door open. I usually don't have to worry about Puff's nighttime temperatures because his tank is in the same room as the heater, so it all seems to work out, at least most of the time.

I guess I rambled on enough for one post...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Tom knows about birds. Wild birds are different. we don't have vets that knows birds...we have just two. Tom and another girl and shes out of town. We've talked to Tracie about rehabbing the bird ourselves. It can't be harmful after all Tom knows his stuff. We have pain meds and giving probiotics. He's taken stuff really well. No angry eagle here. My parents came over to see him. It was 81 today. Very warm. Eagle ate all his food and took sips of water. Happy guy.

Broly actually head bobbed at something today. We don't know what. No black beard so we're not sure what he saw. Whatever it was it didn't upset him or feel the need to black beard.

Kane is definitely awake today and who could blame him. Very warm today and unexpected. It never gets to 80s in October here. Strange. It was like summer again.

Fed all reptiles. Changed water in hamster/guinea pigs cages (do this every other day), fed all the aquatics, Victor gets fresh food and fresh water every day, cleaned up cat boxes, fresh food and water, dogs get fresh food and water. I give veggie scraps the the rabbit that comes round. We live near wildlife because we both dislike people. We don't need neighbors. We don't like socializing anywhere. We don't belong to a church so no social events. Tom will socialize with the patients owner. When the day comes to a close he's done with people till morning. He works with people for 8 hours a day...he gets enough human interaction. So yeah, wildlife is good enough for us. Sure we get a frog/toad or insect inside but we get them out.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom