when is too young to separate siblings M & F ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
If you were to follow Toothless and Peppa around with a little webcam, you could probably collect enough material for a YouTube sitcom entitled "Beardies Behaving Badly". :lol:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I think Toothless's rampant hormones are finally settling. He's much more settled the last few days , had his longest ever daddy snuggle yesterday for over an hour , even pancaked and spread out and nodded off on me like Peppa dose.
Long daddy and mommy snuggles today too .... mommy of dragons was very pleased.

He's back to casual visits to Peppa's tank but not obsessing over her as much now. We survived !

Might just be cold wet weather yesterday and today making him lazy , the BTs and Peppa were all very lazy today and yesterday.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Dragon snuggles (and snake snuggles as well) are much enjoyed at our house too.

So far we've been lucky that our beardie's hormonal craziness doesn't last very long -- a few hours of blackbearding and headbobbing on a few afternoons, usually in the spring, but you can't set your clock or your calendar by it.

At least you know they're reasonably healthy. The first time our beardie went hormonal after he'd been sick, I had to remind myself that it was a good sign because I'd almost forgotten what a normal healthy adult male bearded dragon was supposed to do. :wink:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Toothless has finally decided he really enjoys snuggles now .... Only took 2 years for him to become smoogy , like Peppa always has been , and Rex and Puff always were.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kingofnobbys":2bkoc1lg said:
Toothless has finally decided he really enjoys snuggles now .... Only took 2 years for him to become smoogy , like Peppa always has been , and Rex and Puff always were.

:eek: You broke him! :cry: :lol:

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
kingofnobbys":30kuy0ms said:

LOL I am picturing grumpy cat type beardie snuggling in saying - fine, but I'm not going to like it! :lol:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
That reminds me of a little cat I had over 20 years ago. I once sat down on the bed and picked her up and put her in my lap. She squirmed out of my lap, walked up to the foot of the bed, then turned around and walked back to me and plopped herself back in my lap. Her meaning was perfectly clear: "I'll sit in your lap but I have to be sure that you understand that it was MY idea."

Lots of people say that a bearded dragon is a dog in a lizard's body, but I think that many of them are more like a cat in a lizard's body. :wink:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
SHBailey":3uzoiz95 said:
That reminds me of a little cat I had over 20 years ago. I once sat down on the bed and picked her up and put her in my lap. She squirmed out of my lap, walked up to the foot of the bed, then turned around and walked back to me and plopped herself back in my lap. Her meaning was perfectly clear: "I'll sit in your lap but I have to be sure that you understand that it was MY idea."

Lots of people say that a bearded dragon is a dog in a lizard's body, but I think that many of them are more like a cat in a lizard's body. :wink:

I tell people who have no idea about lizards as pets that the beardies are my SPIKEY CATDOGS and the BTs are my SCALEY SAUSAGE DOGS.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Spoke too soon, Toothless is really GRUMPY today, wouldn't even sit still long enough to let me feed him much , he's in mega shed (arms, hands, legs, throat, belly all at one and hot happy today) , and he's really all over the place (hormonal again today !!).

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Poor guy. Major shedding project and massive springtime overdose of hormones all at the same time. Can't blame him for being grumpy. He deserved a silkworm treat. Glad he's feeling better. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Peppa is just about to do a major shed on her back and tail and tummy very soon, and she's still mega sweet , never get any agro or dramas from her .... two totally different dragons personality wise.

George did a major shed last night, woke for find skin here there and everywhere in his tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom