Bad eating habit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladylucifeara

So my beardie baby is about 2 months old...if that.

When we first got him he would only eat about every second day and only about 10 crickets per feeding and a bite or two of salad. I sit with him for up to an hour in the mornings when I don't have work, to feed him/her (pretty sure a her) to no avail. Slowly his habits picked up but he will still only eat 1x/day when I get home. Baby plows through about 15-20 crickets and 5-8 Superworms. As far as I can tell, he eats 0% of his salad (usually collard greens, or collard greens with peppers and/strawberry.)

Is this sufficient? If not what can I do to help? By the time the food is digested and could maybe for seconds, it's lights out. I'm really concerned!

ladylucifeara

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":5an3u9zn said:
Here is a guide on how you should be feeding your hatchling . His diet and feeding schedule needs adjustments
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236209&p=1815777#p1815777

The issue is on the weekdays I start work at 6:00am and his lights are on about a 12 hour period from aprox. 9:00am to 9:30pm so I leave some food for him which goes uneaten and then dedicate my off days and weekends to trying to get him fed in the morning.

How do people manage a morning feeding if working? Very stressfull....I want this baby to stay healthy.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I adjust the lighting schedule around my work hours. You can increase the light cycle to 14hrs and have the lights come on around 4:30 or 5 so you have time for a morning feeding then off around 6 or 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom