Falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaANDMason

I had my bearded dragon on my bed last night (he usually sits there with me) my brother happened to walk into my room and my beardie became active and decided to jump off my bed (which has happens before) but this time when i went to get him his whole body had gone into almost like a ball and stiff he was shaking and his eyes were closed , I freaked out and tried to calm him down after about 5 minutes it stopped but then he started dragging his back legs behind him after another 5 minutes it stopped.. I'm very worried as he is only 5 months old . He never gives me problems he's very active and loves coming out of the tank . He eats well and sheds well aswell he is very good with taking his baths and eating calcium.. I'm too scared to take him out his tank now ..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he may have landed hard. It may be worth bringing him to the vet to have an x-ray taken to look for damage along his back. I would try to keep him as stationary as possible. Lower basking areas and make everything easily accessible so he doesn't need to strain to get to bask or hide areas. Offer drops of water on his nose to lick up to keep him well hydrated. If you keep him calm and stationary it may help him heal from any damage caused by the fall.

AvaANDMason

Original Poster
He is fine now back to being happy and eating and drinking , he's not stressed or showing signs of stress , his colour is still fine and walking and running around like usual .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK that's really encouraging! Just keep an eye on him for the next several days looking for lethargic behavior, odd movements or trouble moving, seizures, or any bleeding. He may have just stunned/surprised himself which stinks for him but shouldn't cause long term issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom