Bloated, soft belly after meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like using the 22'' tube because it casts a beam as long as your dragon so they can bask evenly. Yes, the UVB can be off to the side next to the heat light. It should just be over on the basking side of the tank. I have mine set a bit forward to be out of the way of the basking light.

For hanging, you could try some wire (maybe picture wire or similar) and wrap that around the fixture hanging from the mesh on top or (even better) from a support sitting above the mesh that can easily hold the weight of the fixture. For basking light domes, I hang them from adjustable lamp stands so I can easily change the height to adjust temperatures.

CactusDogs

Original Poster
Ok, sorry for the very late reply! I bought him a 24” t5HO fixture with reflector and bulb, and he’s doing much better. I also took him to a different vet and he switched his meds. The uri has come back unfortunately, but he is responding better to the new medicine. His appetite has increased, and he appears more comfortable. His belly isn’t bloated anymore, but the vet told me to get him probiotics to help his gut flora after all these antibiotics.
I also mounted my T8 UNDER the hood properly with wire ties for my little one, and he is doing much better as well....no more squinting, and his appetite has exploded. His personality has totally changed. (He isn’t sick, but I had his mounted on the side on the inside, and I guess it was hurting his eyes) Thanks for all the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom