BUILDING FAKE ROCKS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with building fake rocks. I want to include it with my bioactive terrarium just to add some accent and save some money because I know the type of rocks I want would 1. Be a little pricey & 2. Be difficult to set up to be solid and safe. I plan to make a whole system of basking spots and caves built out of styrofoam for my beardie, Paco, and making more for a new addition who will be coming in the next few days. Now, my concerns are if the cleaners (isopods and springtails) in the bioactive part of this will be harmed or messed with the fake rocks. Secondly, how can I prevent the styrofoam from melting from the multiple basking spots? Thirdly, what would be the best ratio of dirt/sand? I'm thinking about putting 30% soil/70% Play Sand.

If you have any advice, please let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom