Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I meant th swab for ADV? I've not treated At this point. Still not sure. Can he fight them off?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If his levels are low enough then pinworms aren't a concern at all. Only if they are high enough
in counts to affect his health.
How is he doing now?

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well his appetite and stool have been good lately. (With the exception of stool that was a bit soft just today. He's 550 grams now (@ 10 mos. and 19.5 in.), up from 510-515 just a few weeks ago. Maybe He's preparing for brumating?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, it sounds like he has been eating pretty well then.
He is good sized for his age & length. At 10 months, he could be contemplating a light
brumation, absolutely. If he has a clean fecal & is apparently healthy, there is no reason
why he can't brumate some.

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just don't understand why we as their caretakers ate suppose to do while they brumate. And how do i know for sure?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, did you get my question about brumation? I'm not sure how to go about the process. Also, do you know where i can find serrapeptase that's not calcium based? And one last thing, how do i pay for the ADV testing?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm just letting my guy brumate. I keep the lights on his normal schedule and if he wants to sleep I just let him be. I've put a few more fleece blankets in the tank for him to burrow in if he wants. Every few days he has his head up a little so I take him out and record his weight and offer drips of water on his nose. He gets some time to wander around if he wants to and goes back in when he gets sleepy which has been relatively soon. They brumate at different levels so some of them may go right out for a long period of time and some may just sleep in longer than normal some days with a big range in between.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well my guy has gained weight recently, and he usually is kinda lazy. So you don't feed when they brumate? If not what do you do about water if they won't drink? And if weight loss occurs, at what point is it a concern?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wish I could ask them. I've been offering water when he wakes enough to raise his head. If he comes out of his cave I measure his weight and record it. So far so good with only a few grams lost. I'd probably worry if 50+ grams were lost over a month. They're all so different it's a bit of driving by feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom