Cuts or Mouth rot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatwell

Hi my beardie has sores on her lower lip they look like cuts they are a little swollen im looking for some tikes on how i can take the swelling down and treat the cuts *PLEASE NOTE SHE DOES HAVE A VET APPOINTMENT ON FRIDAY* i just want to know how i can help her in the meantime. I have been using diluted iodine solution and q tip and i am gentley washing her lips is there anything else you woupd reccomend
88798-4950982160.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Her gums do look damaged for some reason. Did she eat anything abrasive? I would continue to try and keep the area as clean as possible to help fight infection. If you can find some MaxiGuard gel it may be worth applying some of that to the area to help keep it clean. A vet visit is a good idea. How is her appetite? Is she acting like it hurts? If she's still eating well, that's a good sign. Sometimes they will avoid eating if their mouth is in pain.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, that's odd....although mouth rot can cause redness that looks like it was cut somehow. Poor little sweetie. Can you post a pic of her cage decor, and does she roam loose in the house at times ?

Along with betadine or Maxiguard you can use raw honey.

Jatwell

Original Poster
Hi shes been on antibiotics recently. I was wondering if it could be from where she has bitten on the sryinge and its gone sharp maybe that caused the damage. She has a very simple cage i will upload a picture of her viv soon she doesnt pick up anything random and i dont leave live food in her viv. I will look at getting some maxigaird but it seems difficult to find in the uk. I am cleaning it twice a day

Jatwell

Original Poster
Her appatite is really good however my vet advised i only give her soft worms eg waxworms and blended veg until it starts to clear up to stop any firther damage.

Jatwell

Original Poster
88798-9684078730.jpg
Thats her vivarium nothing to fancy im just cleaning her lip for the 3rd time. Ive got her clean disposable syringes for her blended food so they wont get sharp and they should stop any infection spreading

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah a rough syringe could have definitely caused trauma like that. If you can keep it clean, it should heal up pretty quickly as AHBD mentioned.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A vet checkup isn't a bad idea at all. I bring my guys to the vet any time something seems off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom