Looking for help with custom enclosure ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madrededragones

Hey everyone,

I recently found out that a 40-gallon terrarium might not be enough for my bearded dragons. I am looking for a 120-gallon terrarium but I have searched everywhere with no luck. Most websites that sell them aren't in business anymore. The ones that are still in business charge an arm and a leg for shipping since it's too far away from me and apparently they are heavy as well. I still haven't crossed it out though since it might be the only way to get one. I was thinking of making one but, to be honest, I am not really good with my hands and I don't want to go cheap on it either. I have tried finding some sort of plan but the ones out there aren't very specific... I was thinking of having them stacked as well since I have 2 bearded dragons. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you! :D

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, check out the DIY forum here, there are quite a few ideas if you search . Other posters will add ideas too I'm sure.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is a walkthrough of building a pretty popular enclosure https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html I would use a T5 fixture for the UVB light instead of a T8 and I'd use glass instead of plexiglass to fight against scuffing on the doors. I'd also put a vent low on the cool side and high on the hot side and not bother with the back vents. In theory this should allow for a nice crossflow thanks to convection

charmander16

Juvie Member
craigslist.org

searches: "terrarium", "bearded dragon", "reptile enclosure", "reptile tank", "large aquarium", "reptile cage".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom