Viv pics only thread

Wolfeden

Hatchling Member
New background!
BD2_zpsmcgmjxls.jpg

Well here's Copper's old one. 20 gal tank.

93666-6326094214.jpg

And the new one!
93666-8647513878.jpg

Still coil lights for now but we've done away with the crappy substrate and he's got stone tile now. Lights are changing next payday to Reptisun. We can't go much bigger than the 40 gal for now because we live in a small space but he's really young still so.

93666-7171729510.jpg

He seems to like his new vine climb though. :)

kobypruitt

This is Dino's vivarium, I have had him for a week. UVB bulb is a Zilla T8 18" 15-watt fluorescent bulb. Basking Bulb is 100-watt zoo med bulb. It is in the double deep dome fixture, but there is only one bulb in. Basking spot runs high 90's up to about 102. The rest of his warm side is low 90's and high 80's.
Cool side is high 70's. Any suggestions would be great.
93658-7314421879.jpg
93658-2251315317.jpg
93658-5727270013.jpg

Elisa

I love all the pictures. It gave me great suggestions. This is Potatoes tank. He is 8 to 9 months old. I use the carpet on the bottom and I have it in sections so when he poops I can just pick the soiled section up and replace it with a new one! He loves sleeping under his Hammock and then in the morning he walks over to his tree
89779-1256447412.jpg
89779-2266976363.jpg
89779-6205236441.jpg

Stres

Hatchling Member
kobypruitt":3dpv5bgo said:
This is Dino's vivarium, I have had him for a week. UVB bulb is a Zilla T8 18" 15-watt fluorescent bulb. Basking Bulb is 100-watt zoo med bulb. It is in the double deep dome fixture, but there is only one bulb in. Basking spot runs high 90's up to about 102. The rest of his warm side is low 90's and high 80's.
93658-7314421879.jpg

It's recommended that you use digital thermometers as the dial ones can be out by up to 20 degrees, also a infra red thermometer gun to measure the basking surface area will help you keep it within the correct range.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I also suggest moving the T8 fixture right over the basking area rather than having it in the middle. Have you removed the clear plastic from in front of the bulb in that one? If left on, it will intercept the UVB coming from the bulb.

kobypruitt

CooperDragon":37jk37m6 said:
I also suggest moving the T8 fixture right over the basking area rather than having it in the middle. Have you removed the clear plastic from in front of the bulb in that one? If left on, it will intercept the UVB coming from the bulb.
Yes I removed the plastic guard and what about the light fixture blocking the basking bulb?

kobypruitt

Stres":1x7gp6u4 said:
kobypruitt":1x7gp6u4 said:
93658-7314421879.jpg

It's recommended that you use digital thermometers as the dial ones can be out by up to 20 degrees, also a infra red thermometer gun to measure the basking surface area will help you keep it within the correct range.
I have a digital probe thermometer and an infrared gun that I used to get those temps, the dial thermometer is stuck on the glass and I don't want to make a mess removing it. Thanks for the help.

Pufnstuf

This is Pufnstuf's viv. 48" wide by 24" tall and 24" deep. Rainbow sandstone floor with front loaded sliding glass doors. Both the front doors and the top access metal screen doors lock and have vents. It's waterproof and very easy to get in and out of as well as clean.

Two strips of UV lights run the length of the viv. Two sets of matching heat bulbs plus two sets of matching night bulbs are set on a timer as well as a thermostat. I have set this up so that when I am away on weekends the whole tank is automatic. Two layers of hammocks with porous straw grass let him regulate his own temp as one layer is exactly 110° and the other is 100°. Both a drip water and automatic timer quick mist system are in it. It also has a cricket feeder and a superworm feeder to round it out.

I love it. He loves it. I get comments on his viv every time someone is in my office. I just joined this site after months of reading forums on it so I thought I would finally share picks of him, and his digs. He's a very happy spoiled little dragon.

Puf

93839-7637751209.jpg
93839-2738590520.jpg
93839-2936431575.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I wanna live there...if it had a pizza dispenser + a rotisserie chicken dispenser I'd be all in. :)

Very, very nice....so spacious + lots for her to do in there. :) Only thing I'd change is the night bulbs. They can disturb their sleep, plus it's fine for the temps. to drop to 65 at night. Any cooler than that and you can use a che [ ceramic heat emitter ] that produces heat but no light.

Pufnstuf

AHBD":1pq9rlmj said:
I wanna live there...if it had a pizza dispenser + a rotisserie chicken dispenser I'd be all in. :)

Very, very nice....so spacious + lots for her to do in there. :) Only thing I'd change is the night bulbs. They can disturb their sleep, plus it's fine for the temps. to drop to 65 at night. Any cooler than that and you can use a che [ ceramic heat emitter ] that produces heat but no light.

Thanks AHBD. Ive really tried to make it the best vivarium I could for him. I actually never even turn the night lamps on anymore. I tried different combinations early on but he prefers it totally dark and cool at 69 degrees. They are only there as a backup should the house ever get below 66 degrees in the winter and his thermostat kicks in. They are also the dark blue moonlight bulbs that don't seem to disturb sleep or shed light. Although I may just look into a CHE at some point.

charmander16

Juvie Member
Our viv is mostly finished now. I finally got a dig box finished but we're still working on finding or making a naturalistic looking planter for the hens and chicks. This is a custom made corner viv. The two back walls are 4'. The two side walls are 1.5 foot. The front is about 3.5', and it's 2 ' high. Overall it's about 12.5 square feet of floor space, with a total of 16 square feet "living space" counting the corner shelf.

Here is an overall view:
88641-343475286.jpg

88641-6431470546.jpg

The finished dig box:
88641-3884500791.jpg

KLB85

Okay guys, so I got a baby beardie and kept her in a temporary enclosure until I finished her new home. Below I've included my progress, let me know what you think!

We had leftover slate tile from a reno and I siliconed this in place. I spent a lot of time researching silicone as not to harm my dragon in any way. I learned that you should NEVER use Silicone with any mold and mildrew resistance. It can be very toxic to your dragon. Ideally you should aim for aquarium and/or food grade silicone. I found aquarium grade, which was really expensive at $25 a tube, but after a lot of research I found a cheap source here in Canada. Home Hardware makes their own silicone that is aquarium and food safe and only $6 a tube. Great resource for Canadians who don't have the resources and cheaper prices as our American friends.
93324-7635910.jpg

As the silicone was curing for a few weeks, I started with a rough rock layout from polystyrene insulation which I cut out with a scroll saw. I wanted a cave hide for her and a corner basking area.
93324-7318407180.jpg

After finishing the layout, I started carving the rock. The polystyrene is superior the regular styrofoam because it's more solid and easy to work. The regular styrofoam is made of compacted round little pieces so it chips out as your carve. I used a sureform file and a rasp to carve out the rocks. I didn't look at any rock pictures, so I sort of just did it by imagination. Once I was happy with my carved layers I siliconed them together.
93324-2364020692.jpg
93324-2643988589.jpg

After a lot of research I decided on covering the polystyrene in Drylok. I didn't sand the polystyrene rock, as I wanted a rough finish and this actually worked out great! With the combination of the rough texture of Drylok and the rough texture I left the polystyrene, the rocks ended up looking and feeling quite textured. You can purchase Drylok in white or grey, and this is the grey colour straight out of the can, which you can easily paint on with a nylon brush.
93324-8583948072.jpg

I wanted the rock to have some further colour and dimension. It is recommended to dye the Drylok with concrete dye, but this would still leave a one colour finish. I ended up mixing non-toxic acrylic paint with the Drylok instead. Here is the first coat of solid brownish-grey colour.
93324-775464243.jpg

I then added some shading with a darker colour. I didn't get a picture, but I ended up going over it with a lighter highlighting colour in the end to create more depth.
93324-6941789239.jpg

Finally installed the rock and put my baby 8-9 week old in her new enclosure! I was worried she'd be nervous, but she seemed to love it! She was so curious and took a stroll around the whole enclosure to check it out. She's currently happily basking on her new branch after a dip in her water dish.
93324-3253638148.jpg
93324-4037739975.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Nmc8912

91491-9163355534.jpg

This Drogon. I've had him for about 3 months and I think he's about 4 months old. Rearranged his tank today with a new bigger log for climbing and took out the hammock and cave he never went in

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom