Rankins Dragon question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike54

Hi all I'm new to this forum and I know its not Bearded Dragon question but I just hope someone might help me I have had my Rankins for 13 months now and he is fine with me but he is very frightened of my brother when my brother walks around the living room my Rankins runs and hides [Rankins is in his viv]
any ideas how to get him use to my brother
thanks

Garrus

I suggest bribery. Have your brother offer him a treat from time to time. The way to anyone's heart is through their stomach! :lol:

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Is it just your brother he's scared of, or is your beardie scared of everyone other than you? Has your brother ever done any teasing to him, or ever been rough while handling him? It can also sometimes be caused by Cologne, a hat he wears, sunglasses, etc.

I agree, have your brother hand-feed your beardie his favorite live insect or favorite veggie or fruit (usually insect treats work best, like live wax worms or superworms) every day. Have your brother sit on the couch with the TV on and a blanket on his lap, put your beardie on his lap on the blanket, and have him hand-feed your beardie the live insects and/or veggies until he doesn't want anymore, then try to see if your beardie will sit on the couch wrapped up in the blanket with him. If he likes to be stroked or petted he can try that after he gets more and more comfortable with him. Do it every single day and quickly he'll associate your brother with good things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom