Coccidia /Albon not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the computer just handles the lighting once it's programmed (which is fairly easy although the interface is a bit primitive). They aren't cheap and I consider them a luxury item because you can use manual dimmers and timers but it's certainly nice to have and well worth the money if you have it available.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
I am glad that she seems to be getting better & that there were significantly less
coccidia appearing on the fecal you did.
How is her appetite? It looked like she had her head up more also. Great news!
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2pwoap60 said:
Hello,

How is your girl doing today?
I am glad that she seems to be getting better & that there were significantly less
coccidia appearing on the fecal you did.
How is her appetite? It looked like she had her head up more also. Great news!
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

She ate 12 wax worms yesterday. She has eaten 6 so far today.
She won't look at any other food.
It looks like she has a shed coming. I wish that could have waited awhile.

She is fairly active, going back and forth from her shelf to her basking area.
56 grams

Thanks for asking.

You can see her head and left leg changing color.

93275-7736972184.jpg

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1nfwhy3t said:
Yeah the computer just handles the lighting once it's programmed (which is fairly easy although the interface is a bit primitive). They aren't cheap and I consider them a luxury item because you can use manual dimmers and timers but it's certainly nice to have and well worth the money if you have it available.

They are pricey but if you travel much, they seem like a life saver. I like that they are fused.

I think I'm going to order one.

It looks like it will be pretty easy to sneak past the warden :whip:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lol go for it. Yes, it's very nice for traveling. The battery backup holds the settings when it's unplugged or if the power goes out too which is nice. I have it unplugged when we are away and bring Darwin with us because no sense in having the lights on if he's not home.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow, I did not realize that it had a battery back up as well. 195.00 on their website, 235. on Amazon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep. It's just enough to hold the settings in memory, it's not a battery backup to keep the lights running. I got the 2 for 195 but there is a herpstat 1 (single outlet) available for less.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":22fnm7ow said:
Sounds like she's doing much better ! Hopefully she's almost out of the woods. :)

We are hoping. This is the fist day in a long time that I did not do a fecal. That's rough to do fist thing in the morning.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I still don't see anything in her fecals but she is still very low energy and sleeping alot. She will eat a few wax worms but that's it and she has actually backed off those.
t
We are giving her supplements and probiotic. I hope this is just a lingering effect from all the meds she has had.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is a still shot from a liitle camera that I put in her enclosure. It allows me to worry from afar.

She looks bad today.

93275-4622304053.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, poor Bella has been through a lot. Did she climb up there or did you place her there ? And is there a heat source above her right there ? I see the basking bulb over in the corner so I'm wondering if that's a possible factor in her lethargy. Maybe the smaller set up would help where she has no trouble getting around or laying directly under the heat + uvb bulb at all times.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have a smaller T5 fixture on the other side of the enclosure. I am going to move it to the basking area. She climbed up there on her own. She goes back and forth alot.

There is a ceramic element in the opposite corner from the basking area. I could bump it up and heat that shelf some.

I pretty much have to rewire everything. I have the elements and basking light on household dimmer switches mounted to the enclosure. I am going to remove the dimmer switches and install a Herpstat. In hopes of better regulating the temps.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Very good idea (for now) to remove all options for climbing , she's too sick and weak and frail and risks injuring herself if she falls even a few inches.

Still send good vibes to her ,and hoping the coccidia has been licked and stays away , giving her a chance to recover and rehabilitate.

hill202

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2760e4ww said:
Very good idea (for now) to remove all options for climbing , she's too sick and weak and frail and risks injuring herself if she falls even a few inches.

Still send good vibes to her ,and hoping the coccidia has been licked and stays away , giving her a chance to recover and rehabilitate.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom