Just a bit curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 beardies. One male and one female. Female us younger by a month or two (both very young. No more than 3-4 months old). But I was curious if anyone else's beardies do this. They are both housed in separate tanks, but they can see each other. They've always been able to see each other. Viserion was very restless when we first got him... But one night (probably 4 days or so after we got him) we let them see each other through the tanks after that he slept like a baby. But literally like an hour ago the two of them began to wave and head Bob slowly. It was so casual looking. Viserion is just laying on his log, he barely raised his head at her. But would eave. But my female won't stop waving even after blocking their sight to each other.

They socialize outside their tanks, but the don't really care to do much besides snuggle with me and my fiance. Viserion (male) is his and Dracarys (female) is mine. So they come straight to us and go to sleep. There doesn't seem to be any aggression or any between them. They just got done with a bath which they always do together. Pretty much I was curious if anyone else's beardies do this?

Note: no bearding or black bearding occurred. They are just sitting there waving back and forth.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
YouR best approach if the two dragons vivs need to be in the same room and also if there a shortage of floor or bench space , is to set up a double shelf system if it's not safe to stack one viv on top of the other.
I'd have the girl in the top viv while they are young, this way the only time the boy will see her is when you take him or her out or he or she is on the floor.

Some people use a very simple shelving system made using M20 threadbar (can buy this in stainless or chromed or galvanized) and M20 nuts and washers and two offcuts of 3/4" plywood. Another approach is to use Qubelok to make a shelving structure from 1" Square section aluminium tube.

Please , never allow them both out together and best not to bath them together , they can move like greased lightning and it only takes a second to bite a leg / arm or foot/hand off.

Regarding baths, regular or frequent bathing is not necessary for a bearded dragon, only times they should be bathed are :
> they have become soiled
> they have some stubborn shed
> they are impacted (can help)
> they are too hot
> they have an open injury that needs a soak in a weak betadine solution bath
that said , if the beardie enjoys the bath , it's quite OK to endulge it.

If they are armwaving and headnodding at each other , this is normal, it is a way they work out the pecking order and also part of the courting ritual.

DracarysxViserion

Original Poster
They don't pay much attention to each other when they are out of their tanks. It's snuggle time with mommy and daddy at this point. Plus they are not aggressive towards each other (previously noted in my post). They bathe together just fine, Viserion hates baths so he spends most of his time trying to get out as for Dracarys she loves the water and swims like a water dragon lol. But I've noticed the only time they nod or wave is when they are just laying there. They don't even move from their spots, so maybe they are bored. They say that bearded dragons do certain things for certain reasons but I'm not so sure about that. People get a lot of things wrong about animals even house hold pets like cats and dogs. Idk maybe it's just my animals haha. They are all very laid back, love other animals and people, and not aggressive by no means. My Doberman loves the beardies, she use to have a beardie (little joke cause she loves animals, she's got "her cat" too lol) that she would sleep with and snuggle with. So everyone gets a lot of social time especially my dragons cause they are the newest members of the household. Also to note they are very young not even 4 months yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom