Impaction? Bacterial infection? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudyCat

Hi everyone!
Since yesterday, I've noticed my beardies poops have looked weird.
Here was yesterday's poo:
93440-7322929404.jpg
Pictured is only half of the poop, I had her out and she pooped half on me(this half looked normal, it was brown with a white urate) and above was the other half.
I don't have a photo of today's. Quinn was in the bath and I left my phone in the other room. It was mostly brown and had a white urate, but it had red (darker red than pictured...) mixed in with it.
Quinn was fine yesterday and fine earlier today, but after she had that awful poop she seems less active. And Quinn is always very active. Now that I think about it, she wasn't very active today at all. I was gone a lot of this morning so I didn't do much with her but she didn't seem too active. Quinn ate five or six crickets this morning and I put a few more in the tank about an hour ago, but she has no interest in those.
I just checked on her and she looks lethargic and has her eyes closed, I'm too scared to go anywhere in case she crashes and needs emergency care.
Here's a run down of the tank and lights:
Arcadia D3 12% UV light
Basking bulb (100 watt)
CHE light (100 watt)
Solid substrate
Basking spot
Hide
Good and water dish
I feed small crickets, not larger than the space between her eyes.
Reptile hammock (only put in cage when she's supervised)
Here's a photo of her right now:
93440-9862357475.jpg
Here's a photo of her yesterday:
93440-2958873194.jpg
She's perking up a bit but still seems sickly.
Here's a photo of the tank:
93440-9774794508.jpg

I have a quality reptile vet about thirty minutes away if I need her.
I'm freaking out, what do I do? Is Quinn okay?? I'm too scared to leave her alone so I'm sticking close by. She seems slightly more active now...
If you need any more info I can provide anything. Just please help me!

CloudyCat

Original Poster
Also;
Quinn is shedding her face and tail.

And it seems Quinn is more active now. She's chasing crickets around the tank. I am still very worried though.

She eats pea shoots, dandelion greens, and red bell pepper along with crickets.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How much red pepper does she eat, maybe that is causing the red color poo. And if she's chasing crickets, that's a good sign. :) To make them easier to catch, shake them up pretty hard in a jar with a pinch of calcium powder. When the crix are wobbly + dizzy, toss them righ near her a few at a time. Most dragons go fr the slow moving bugs.

CloudyCat

Original Poster
AHBD":11qyfcf7 said:
How much red pepper does she eat, maybe that is causing the red color poo. And if she's chasing crickets, that's a good sign. :) To make them easier to catch, shake them up pretty hard in a jar with a pinch of calcium powder. When the crix are wobbly + dizzy, toss them righ near her a few at a time. Most dragons go fr the slow moving bugs.

She eats a decent amount of red bell pepper. She loves it. Hopefully that's all it is. I'll take her off the bell pepper for a week or so and see it th color of her poop changes.
Quinn ate every single cricket I put in the tank. That's 9-10 crickets today.
I think she's okay, she seems fine now.
Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, glad to hear it...I know you're relieved to see her eating a bit more of the crickets.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
More crickets and other very high quality feeder insects as already outlined , less peppers and greens at his very young age .

I found my young hatchlings loved their greens so much that they were pigging out on them and so no longer very interested in the live insects , so I held back the greens and salad until after the 2nd live insect meal .
Your little baby needs to be on AT LEAST TWO feeds of LIVE INSECTS PER DAY ( if you can manage it THREE is BETTER ), he needs the insect proteins and insect fats and amino acids in the bugs which he can NOT get from veg and greens .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom