Orange beard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo777

Hi everyone! :)

Mojo is doing great and has warmed up to me a lot in the last couple weeks. We are getting used to each other!

Quick question though, he's usually pretty tan/yellowish but I noticed in the last couple of days his beard and around his eyes have turned a pretty bright orange. I was wondering if that's from the sun or is it based on his mood? Maybe he's happy? I haven't really fed him anything orange in the last week or so and it doesn't seem like he's shedding.

Thanks!
Candace & Mojo

93667-5070500099.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Bright orange coloring usually means they are content and happy. Their colors come through really well sometimes, especially after a shed or when they're around natural sunlight.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, just his natural coloring coming through. Usually as they get older, grow, and shed several times their colors get brighter and brighter, and some of them have different colored beards, eyes, and facial markings.

Here's my 9 month old girl Izzy, who has gotten a lot more orange in the last month or so. Her beard is now a very bright, fiery orange that is just gorgeous. She's my pretty orange girl now...

89968-5246287822.jpg

89968-8898744206.jpg

Mojo777

Original Poster
thank you both for the feedback! at what point do they stop changing color, or do they ever stop? Mojo is a little over a year and was previously malnourished, he's definitely a lot more healthy now than he was 6 months ago.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Because he is much better health now , his true colors are showing. Generally they reach their full color potential depending on how quickly they grow, usually around a year or so. It depends on lighting , too. Improper lighting will cause a beardie to look dull but good health + good lighting as well as genetics will determine the final coloration. Interestingly, some beardies fire up very brightly when they are extremely stressed as well.

Those are all very handsome + pretty dragons...here's one of my boys with a bright red/orange beard.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29938/full

Some dragons are naturally tan or grey with no other bright colors.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
AHBD":2txkx6hr said:
Because he is much better health now , his true colors are showing. Generally they reach their full color potential depending on how quickly they grow, usually around a year or so. It depends on lighting , too. Improper lighting will cause a beardie to look dull but good health + good lighting as well as genetics will determine the final coloration. Interestingly, some beardies fire up very brightly when they are extremely stressed as well.

Those are all very handsome + pretty dragons...here's one of my boys with a bright red/orange beard.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29938/full

Some dragons are naturally tan or grey with no other bright colors.

AHBD your boy is so beautiful! I've never seen that intense an orange/red before! You can definitely see him coming! Just gorgeous...I'm hoping my now 3 month old boy is going to get as dark red as I think he is going to, I got him at 4 weeks and he was actually completely brown, and it seems like he gets a little more deep red every week... Recently he got the splattering of red surrounding both his upper and lower lips that makes him look like Heath Ledger in "The Dark Night", lol...

89968-88283704.jpg

89968-7887116149.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom