How Long Should My UVB Light Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm currently putting together the "shopping list" of enclosure items that I need to get set up before we get our beardie (sometime in the next few months). The enclosure we are looking at is 36" long. How long should our UVB light (and fixture) be in relation to that? Does it need to also be 36" long? Or would an 18" or 24" long bulb work? Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...an 18 or 24 would be fine. A 24 probably better , obviously covers a larger area of the tank.

HobbitGirl

Original Poster
Awesome! The price jump from the 24" to the 36" bulb is really dramatic ($19 vs $37 on Amazon), so it'll be nice to be able to save a little bit there.

charmander16

Juvie Member
For most situations I think 24" is the best size. Even if it's a 6 foot long tank, what really matters is having the UV at the basking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom