Swollen neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Good morning! I've had my bearddd dragon for almost two weeks now. I was checking him out this morning and noticed two lumps, one on each side of the neck which I've never noticed these before. I don't know if these are normal fat deposits that bearded dragons have or if this is a sign of some type of infection. As a mom, as soon as I saw this I thought of swollen glands, do bearded dragons have lymph glands in the same spots? I got him from a pet store where they were only feeding him every other day, could it be that he's now eating several times a day and starting to store fat or is this not normal and something I should be worried about? Thanks for your help! The first picture is a 4 way split, the two top pictures were taken today and the two bottom were taken two weeks ago for comparison.
93630-7706003627.jpg
93630-2392256684.jpg
93630-1084586019.jpg

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
So adorable! :p

As mentioned, totally healthy looking neck, nothing to worry about. Sometimes they will even store food in their beards and make it look swollen.

Healthy little hypo morph baby

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is maturing & will develop that area as he gets bigger. So, they are completely normal
development, no worries! :D
He is very beautiful.

Tracie

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
He's such a little cutie!!! Enjoy it while he's little and adorable, they grow up so fast it's unbelievable! I adopted a 4 week old male leatherback I named Dee Dee about 3 months and a week ago. He was so tiny when I got him, and now he's almost 4 months old and he's already huge!!!

Your little guy will most likely be a big boy, I've noticed with a lot of beardies, including my own first beardie who was a male, that if they have those big jowls early on, the y seem to end up being very large adults with huge jowls! So don't be alarmed when his neck blows up, lol, it's perfectly normal!

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Noooo, I don't want him to get big fast lol. He is absolutely adorable little, I can't stop staring at him!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Danielle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom