Been a bad couple of days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
As some of you know, my son Robert has been battling brain cancer for the last 11yrs. This morning at 2:50 am he passed away peacefully at 32 years old. My wife and I know that he is in a better place now and is no longer in pain.
The saddest part is that he never actually had a chance at life as we know it.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Oh I'm so sorry Gormagon, you and your family are in my thoughts. I'm sending positive energy your way. I hope that you can take comfort in knowing he's no longer in pain and is at peace, and the 32 years he did have were full of love from his family.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so very sorry to hear this. :( What a sad blow to your family, I have wondered off + on how he was doing and you are definitely in my thoughts . All my deepest + sincere condolences to you. And yes thee is definitely a hope of something better than the suffering of this world.

RachelG

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Frank Ocean
Deepest condolences to you and your family. May he rest in peace. I hope you take at least small comfort knowing he is free of any pain or suffering, as those are left for us in this life to bear. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I will be praying for you and your family. I can't imagine the pain you are all going through, and I hope you and your family will be able to get through this.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
To all of our friends and, family,
Dee and, I with deep sorrow and, hurting hearts need to tell you all that, our son Robert went to be with our lord early Monday morning after an 11 year battle with cancer. In that 11 years he, kept to himself so he didn't bring others into that world! It was sad to watch as he didn't have but a few visitors and, seldom left his comfort zone. He was a very selfless person at heart though he put on a tough front. He didn't want to have a long term relationship because the end result would devastate them and, he didn't want that.
He would do his best to make you laugh with his special twisted sense of humor or, sarcastic come backs! He loved to do that even up to his last hours of consciousness.
He lived through many setbacks in those years. He went through two brain surgeries in which they removed a pear sized part of his brain in the last one, countless MRIs, radiation, and five rounds of chemotherapy, he was a fighter. He never complained through all of this. The last three weeks he declined slowly with severe headaches, we could tell because he started getting quiet. The last few days were bad leading up to Saturday but he still held on. We managed to talk him into taking him to the ER. By now the pain was very bad, they said, they were taking him up to ICU and, we were told to go out while the got him ready. We came back in 20 minutes and, they had already taken him up. On the way up he slipped into a coma and, never regained consciousness so, he went painlessly and, peacefully!
He was and, always will be our hero. We love you son! Tell Jesus we will see you and, him later!
http://www.rudyrowland.com/obituary/robert-lee-fisher

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very touching, this made me cry. He sounded like a great guy, very caring + also very strong. Obviously Robert was a very precious and dear son to you, more than words can say.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Omg, I'm so sorry, I just saw this.
That is a terrible tragedy, and I hope your family and loved ones are processing the news as best they can. There are no words. I'm very sorry

Edit- he was only 2 years older than myself. So young, puts things in perspective..

I am kind of new here but I am so very sorry to hear about your son. I have close friends that had a daughter that was under the age of 2 and was diagnosed with neuroblastoma. She ended up passing away from a brain tumor they didn't know she had and it hemorrhaged. Cancer is such an *******. (Excuse the language please). I will be praying for you and your family for relief and closure.

Dan

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
Dear Gormagon and Family,
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your precious son. May it be a comfort to know that Robert is now whole and is no longer in any pain. I pray that God would continue to give you grace, at this sad and difficult time, as you heal from your great loss.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. You raised a wonderful son and he sounds like an amazing guy.

You have our deepest sympathies. :(

R.I.P. Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom