Will only eat his carrots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

faster132

My 2 year old bearded dragon has a favorite food and those are his carrots. Everytime I make him a salad he barely touches anything else. It is difficult because I'm trying to vary his diet and also I am aware that carrots can't be fed everyday. What do you guys recommend for me to do?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Ahh looks like he has a sweet tooth :lol:
How do you make your salads? Do you manually chop it up or use a grinder/blender? My beardie is severely picky with his salad so i trick him by using whatever his most desired veggie and then mix a few others and then slowly ween off. Beardie's usually like bright colored, try a mix of carrots, yellow squash, a little red/orange bell pepper and some good greens (collard greens/dandelion greens). I would try using a blender or something that can finely grind/shred so its like salsa like that way he can pick and eat up everything else. Here's a whole list of foods you can experiment with: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom