Won't eat salad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I'm new to this and got my first dragon Norman a few days ago he eats locusts and superworms but I cannot get him to eat salad should I be worried? Any tips?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can be extremely stubborn when it comes to eating their greens & veggies. How old is he?
You can try putting a few worms in with the salad or brightly colored pieces of fruit or veggies in
with the salad to make it look more enticing. LOL
Just keep offering it & he should eventually warm up to & start eating it. They are pretty finicky!

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
How old is Norman ?
What's his body weight ?

Their dietary needs is very strongly determined by their age and to a lesser degree their body weight.

Normanthebeardie

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":32i3yddd said:
How old is Norman ?
What's his body weight ?

Their dietary needs is very strongly determined by their age and to a lesser degree their body weight.

Hi Norman is 4 years old and I'm not entirely sure what his weight is but hes a good size

Normanthebeardie

Original Poster
Drache613":1r9wfwvq said:
Hello,

They can be extremely stubborn when it comes to eating their greens & veggies. How old is he?
You can try putting a few worms in with the salad or brightly colored pieces of fruit or veggies in
with the salad to make it look more enticing. LOL
Just keep offering it & he should eventually warm up to & start eating it. They are pretty finicky!

Tracie

I've tried that lol I'll wait and see if he decides to actually eat some

Mysty

Juvie Member
He'll eat salad if you with hold live food, but its surprising how long they'll hold out for slme juicy bugs.

A sneaky trick which works for a stubborn, hungry dragon is to put some morios in a clear lidded tub, let dragon investigate and start trying to eat them, then drop salad or more healthy livefood on the lid of the tub to be gobbled up instead. I reward with a morio at the end. Cause they earned it. ;)

A less cruel way is to drop calci worms or all roaches in a bowl with lots of salad. Some usually gets eaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom