Does my baby have Yellow Fungus????

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxjayygrl

His name's Sebastian, he's about 2-3 months old and recently I found yellowing around his mouth, chin, and "ears", he has been shedding recently in the past few weeks to a month but other than that, he's been normal. His cage isn't filthy but we do take a week or more to clean it out if he poops since we're so busy. Does this look like the fungus or am I paranoid?? PLEASE HELP

93509-5177822909.jpg
93509-5844442234.jpg
93509-3782178005.jpg

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I don't see anything that looks like yellow fungus either, but I will advise you to take the 3 minutes it takes to reach into his tank and throw out any bowel movements when he does them, otherwise he will end up sick with parasites, worms, or a bacterial infection and will need to see a reptile vet which will take a lot more time and cost money. Seriously, not trying to be a smart ass, but you shouldn't wait over a week to clean any poops out of his tank, that can be very unhealthy to him and to you, especially when his lights are cooking it and putting fumes into the air. I reach into each of my 3 beardie's enclosures once a day, usually in the morning, and clean out any poops, and then if later in the day I see any I pull them out too. All 3 tanks take less than 5 minutes, and I completely disinfect all 3 once a week. It's just good hygiene for him and for you.

xxjayygrl

Original Poster
EllenD":15clznkt said:
I don't see anything that looks like yellow fungus either, but I will advise you to take the 3 minutes it takes to reach into his tank and throw out any bowel movements when he does them, otherwise he will end up sick with parasites, worms, or a bacterial infection and will need to see a reptile vet which will take a lot more time and cost money. Seriously, not trying to be a smart *****, but you shouldn't wait over a week to clean any poops out of his tank, that can be very unhealthy to him and to you, especially when his lights are cooking it and putting fumes into the air. I reach into each of my 3 beardie's enclosures once a day, usually in the morning, and clean out any poops, and then if later in the day I see any I pull them out too. All 3 tanks take less than 5 minutes, and I completely disinfect all 3 once a week. It's just good hygiene for him and for you.

No, you're right. I definitely need to step it up on keeping his cage clean and not making excuses for it. I'm glad he looks ok here. But this is definitely a wake up call.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
My wife and I refer to those poops as "land mines", lol! Fortunately one of us is always home during the day and, able to clear the mine field before any damage occurs (generally within minutes of actual placement). Peaches prefers to poop in her bath or outside in the grass.

Your little buddy is quite handsome and, has that, "I'm keeping an eye on you Hooman!" Look on his face, lol!

xxjayygrl

Original Poster
I just noticed it was spreading down his chin just now. Does it still just look like his natural coloring or should I be concerned?

93509-1660839692.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks like his face is about to shed. That dull waxy skin is the giveaway. I don't see anything to be concerned with.

xxjayygrl

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3bww762v said:
It looks like his face is about to shed. That dull waxy skin is the giveaway. I don't see anything to be concerned with.

You were right about the face shedding ?

93509-2412540401.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
WAY better than YF, but still has to be pretty uncomfortable, poor guy. Hopefully it's done soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom