Baby beardie help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdavis99

My bearded dragon had a 6 clutches of eggs. All of them had 18+ eggs. Only 4 survived hatching in the first one and they are having issues. They are three weeks old. I need some answers. My mom wasn't really prepared because we didn't want to breed for another year but somehow they matted when we had them our. But the issue we are having is 2 of the 4 have gone paralyzed in from the stomach back. We aren't real sure the issue. The first one we didn't see but the second one got on the log and opend his mouth like he wanted water and I went to give him some and out of no where he like seized and then fell. And now he's paralyzed. Does anyone have any tips???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The dragons that are seemingly paralyzed, how old are they & are they female or male?
It is possible they have calcium issues from too low of calcium intake or poor UVB exposure.
What type of supplementation are you giving currently?
Do you provide a UVB light for them as well?
Please post a picture of them & their tank setup, also. Are they housed alone or together?
What type of substrate are they on, sand, paper towels?
Please post pictures of the tank setup & of them if you can.

Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How old are these hatchlings, and what have they eaten ? Can you take pics of them ? Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload

If they have eaten anything that is even slightly too large it can not be digested when the baby is so small, it will press on the spine + paralyze their back legs. Poor little guys, they may not survive this.

Tdavis99

Original Poster
I believe it was a food issue. Our pet store guy sent home baby roaches a bit bigger than there eye span and my mom wasn't to sure. She didn't feed them many but it must of been enough. We woke up this morning and there backs were poked through I think from pushing so hard. They were bleeding so I had to put them out. It suck but you learn from your mistakes. Now we know that even the slightest to big of crickets or roaches can clog them up. 5 more clutches coming though. All eggs are in perfect condition! About 100+ beardies hopefully

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, that's too bad....poor little guys prolapsed. :( So yes,get the smallest roaches or else order crickets that are less than 1/4 inch.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are the rest of the eggs looking? That is a lot of eggs to hatch out! I hope you are prepared for them all.
Are your other dragons doing well?
Definitely get smaller insects to avoid impaction issues.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom