Mufasa and Norberta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already introduced me and Fasa, but I thought you all might like to see his cuteness, lol. I also have a question for you professionals: do you have any idea what morph he is?
82607-7214899291.jpg
82607-6370805064.jpg
Here he is sleeping in his new tree, slept in it all of last night.
Mufasa will just sit on my chest and nap or watch whats going on. ;)
One last question: Half the time he doesn't eat his crickets, is there anything I can do to help him eat?
Well, I think that's all for now! :) :)
Makayla.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Norberta still hasn't started getting the shed off, still super white looking :lol: Mufasa was acting off the other day and I got her out to run around and she looked a lot happier, she doesn't usually like getting out so that was funny. Norberta got out after her and she fell asleep in a bookshelf.
Finally have pics!
82607-5370716085.jpg
82607-3072873592.jpg
82607-3585124621.jpg
82607-3604190047.jpg

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like maybe Mufasa just needed to blow off a little steam. :blob5:

They look good. :D (shedding notwithstanding :wink: )

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yup, and she might be settling down for brumation too, I flipped her hide back over so she can use it and yesterday after i deep cleaned her tank she found it and settled down and hasn't come out today. I can see she is awake and watching me though. :roll: We'll see, this is a month or so earlier than last year.
Norberta's shed is finally coming off too!
82607-5994871948.jpg
82607-9610981247.jpg

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
They both look super comfy! Glad to hear that Norbert is shedding!

Quick question though, just because i realized i didn't know when i read your message. What is the earliest a dragon can go into brumation?

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Norberta is glad too LOL!

Like what time of the month? It all depends on the dragon! Some follow Australia's summer/winter cycle, some follow the USA's, while just pick whenever they feel like it. And they sleep differently too. Some sleep the whole time they brumate, some do popcorn brumating, up for a few days down for a few days. Some don't brumate at all.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
XD I bet! Gonna feel good to have the small skin off!

XD While that is good to know! I meant how old for dragons. Mine is closing in on 7 months now (her 40 gallon tank is so close to being ready that it hurts.) I am sometimes bordering on paranoid with her. I just don't want her to start brumating and panic, because i think she is too young for it. As well as, think she is getting sick when she isn't.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I knew it was about age! I literally wrote it out with age and though "nah must just be time of year". :lol:
Age differs too XD Mufasa started last year at a little under a year and a half last year and was out for three or four months. I think it's best to wait until they are not babies and have a good amount of weight on them before letting them. Norberta sorta tried to last year too and I didn't let her with her being sick and just so tiny. I probably wont let her this year either if she tries again. They loose a bit of weight during it if they are zonked out lol. Then again, some wait years and some don't do it at all.
I getcha with the paranoia. >.> I'd love to see pics of your little one if you wanna share a few on here. :D

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Sure! I love showing Mavis off! (Get ready to get spammed)

She is in the middle of shedding herself!
20170730_110941.jpg

here is a couple pictures of one of the time she had lunch with us.
20170723_160351.jpg

20170723_150941.jpg

And here is a couple of her in her water dish
20170721_172133.jpg

20170721_174848.jpg

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mavis is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing! Hope her shed goes quickly.
Norberta looks like she exploded today, her back and belly and pretty much everything else are coming off. She sits on her basking rock for a little while, wiggles on it, then jumps down and slides around against everything in her tank to get some off then back to basking rock, repeat. :lol: Looks pretty proud of herself too.
Mufasa is snuggled up in the back of her hide now too. xD

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
She sometimes makes me nervous. Because when it looks like she is about to start shedding, sometimes she starts in just a couple days. Sometimes in a couple weeks, even with me giving her baths. Once she does start shedding though, she is pretty good about getting it off. The picture was from yesterday morning and by last night she had a bunch of shed off. Now justb waiting to see if her back will shed too.

Sounds like that stubborn shed will be gone soon enough! XD though she may also be sore soon too. If she is all over the place like that!

I think Mufasa has the right idea. Hiding from the world for a little while, in a dark warm place.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It seems like lots of beardies are trying to brumate early this year. I guess I'm lucky ours doesn't seem to be into it. He's ADV positive and seems to be holding his own -- even went hormonal in the spring, but I'm still not sure if he's healthy enough for a really long sleep, so I'm glad he's not trying it so far.

Mavis is a very pretty little dragon. :love10:

The biggest worry with shedding is around their toes and tails, but my reptile vet assures me that as long as you keep the skin moist so that it doesn't get hard and dry and cut off their circulation, it should be okay. You want it to be over as soon as possible when they get all itchy and uncomfortable and grumpy, but best not to rush it. We're also lucky that our beardie's personality doesn't change too much when he sheds -- he just seems to take it all in stride. :)

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
It just rained a good amount here. I need to hurry and buy that heat lamp. It went from being 90-100ish degrees, to being 76 degrees when i am writing this. She was looking at me grumpily this morning. "Like what did you do to my morning warmth?" It was still probably in the 70s, she is just used to the mornings being like in the 80s.

She hasn't shown any signs of brumation yet, but I watch her every day.

<3 glad you guys like her! She is my precious baby girl. Even if she is a fire cracker :3 love her to peices

Ya, when her tail or legs shed. I always stare her down and watch.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Rainy day here too -- several of them in a row in the past few days. Par for the course here in Anchorage AK -- while August is often the hottest month in a lot of places in the "lower 48", it usually turns cool and rainy here, but they are predicting nice weather for the weekend. You really can't predict the weather in Anchorage, but the weathermen on the local TV stations seem to think they can. :wink: I'm hoping they're right this time, because my husband is planning to try and finish a fence and gate modification project in the backyard before the snow flies and the ground freezes, and conditions will be ideal because the rain will have softened the ground enough to make it a little easier for him to dig the post holes, and then if it stays dry while the concrete is setting up, we might just luck out and have it turn out reasonably nice.

Our beardie's "after bath" cuddle turned into his "bedtime" cuddle last night, so we put him to bed a little early. Usually he only tolerates the cuddle in the towel for a little while after his bath, then gets wiggly and wants to get on with his basking so he can squeeze in another hour or two of lightbulb worshiping before bedtime. But he does do that every once in a while, so I'm not too worried about it just yet. One sleepy evening doth not brumation make... :?

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SHBailey very luck his personality doesn't change when he sheds, lol! Mufasa is pretty good usually, but Norberta makes sure you know she is not pleased with the situation.

Mufasa is pretty much officially down now, I got her out yesterday to weigh her and gave her a bath, then put her back in her tank. She went right back in her hide and has been there since. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom