Dragon poop is very wet and doesn't look normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal777

For a few days now, my bearded dragon has been having really wet and slightly smelly poop. I know that some foods can cause dragon poop to become slightly runny and that runny poop can be a sign of good hydration, but this has been happening for a few day now and it doesn't look quite normal. I'm going to try and attach an image for reference.
93417-385543709.jpg
Thanks for any help and advice you can give.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is often just an upset stomach which isn't much to worry about. If it continues for a couple of weeks though, it's worth getting a sample tested by a vet.

What is his typical diet? There could be something that is causing an upset stomach as you mentioned. Are you using powder supplements with bugs?

Sal777

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3tzo5fhv said:
It is often just an upset stomach which isn't much to worry about. If it continues for a couple of weeks though, it's worth getting a sample tested by a vet.

What is his typical diet? There could be something that is causing an upset stomach as you mentioned. Are you using powder supplements with bugs?
He usually eats water cress, snap peas, and he sometimes eats carrots and green beans. He also eats crickets daily. I am using calcium and vitamin supplements on the food and sometimes directly on the crickets.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would only dust the crickets with calcium supplement, swapping in the vitamin once or twice per week. Give them a light, even dust at each feeding. I usually just shake them in a cup with some dust to give them a coat and offer them in small batches.

The salad items sound OK to me. I'd try varying it as much as you can depending on what's fresh at the store, but nothing stands out as an obvious issue. Perhaps one of those items just doesn't agree with him. Try focusing away from them one at a time and see if it makes a difference over a few days. There are some ideas for other items to rotate into salads here http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom