Both dragons waving to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that the waving motion could indicate submission. But what if two dragons (one male, one female, both juveniles) wave to each other? Are they both submitting to each other?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
They are just acknowledging eachother's presence, it's not too big of a deal. I would honestly have it set up where they can't eachother, to minimize any stress.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If they are housed together .... separate them ASAP

if housed separately but can always see each other , easiest solution is to stack their vivs .

HoleeJuanCanoli

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":otb2dggo said:

if housed separately but can always see each other , easiest solution is to stack their vivs .

They're not housed together and their tanks are positioned to where they can't see each other. I just had them out yesterday to walk around and they began waving.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
HoleeJuanCanoli":2gs3pmaw said:
kingofnobbys":2gs3pmaw said:

They're not housed together and their tanks are positioned to where they can't see each other. I just had them out yesterday to walk around and they began waving.

Not a good idea letting them be out together, they can move lightning fast and you could easily end up with serious injured or even dead if next time they decide to fight for dominance or the dominant one decides it wants the other gone .

HoleeJuanCanoli

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1u7rf12q said:
HoleeJuanCanoli":1u7rf12q said:
kingofnobbys":1u7rf12q said:

Not a good idea letting them be out together, they can move lightning fast and you could easily end up with serious injured or even dead if next time they decide to fight for dominance or the dominant one decides it wants the other gone .

I guess I should explain the situation better so you don't think I'm just blindly letting them run around. My wife and I were both handling each beardie (away from each other on opposite ends of the living room, both were on a temporary rigged harness I made out of paracord; one dragon is hers, one is mine). Her dragon began waving, and then my dragon, still on opposite ends of the room, waved back. The second this happened, we put them back into their respective tanks. Their tanks are next to each other and are blocked off with construction paper that I taped to their tanks to prevent them from seeing each other. This was he first time they have EVER seen each other since we have not taken them out of their tanks before. They have just recently adjusted to their new home (my home). I have handled bearded dragons before but have never seen them wave to each other. I never have my dragons near each other, even if they came from the same clutch. I know what I'm doing. I just thought this behavior was different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom