Spot on his head

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
What is this black spot on his head? He was sitting in the sun and then it appeared. Is it fungus ??
83478-6847419208.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I don't see a specific spot. Do you mean the tip of his nose or the slight greyish patch over his eye ? If so that looks like small areas of harmless unshed skin right now.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Possibly just an area that turned darker. It doesn't look like fungus in that photo but just a darker patch of scales perhaps contrasted more by lighter shedding skin around it. I would keep an eye on it and see if it starts to look damaged or start spreading though.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
This spot seems to get bigger after being outside in the sun. He already shed and the spot stayed

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I can't tell from the photo, but is it an actual lump or growth that is on top of the skin or sticking up out of the skin, or is it flush and just a discoloration?

Could you take a new photo of it now that he shed over top of it? Try to get a closer shot if you can, and maybe one sort of from the side showing any elevated area.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
83478-4526411644.jpg

Here's the spot. It's flat no elevation just different color patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom