Morio Worm-> Darkling Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysty

Juvie Member
91179-9085613736.jpg

91179-6864039874.jpg

I have recently isolated a few full size morios which had curled up of their own accord. Now they've become pupae!

Does anyone feed darkling beetles to their beardie.

My 2 year old male, Robert has had at least 3 before from when some morios escaped and turned into beetles. He seems to like crunching down on them.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep you can offer them as a treat. They're crunchy and good for dental health. I leave mine to scrounge around the dubia roach bin. They seem to be pretty decent as a cleaner crew too.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1vzojihh said:
Yep you can offer them as a treat. They're crunchy and good for dental health. I leave mine to scrounge around the dubia roach bin. They seem to be pretty decent as a cleaner crew too.

I had not heard that they can be used as cleaner crew. :eek: thanks

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My bluetongues and beardies all love these oversized pupae .... they make very fast work of them .They don't last long enough in my house to emerge as beetles.

Mealworm pupae and beetles are also great treats and all my gang love them. The beetles are crunchy , you can hear them crunching them up from the other side of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom