Not Brunation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

novalyra777

For seven months now, my beardie has pooped twice, and is barely eating. However, she if very fit. She sits on her rock all day, and doesn't seem to be sleeping. she is the happiest thing when I'm playing with her, though. We've taken her to a clinic and she's not egg bound. Suggestions?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
novalyra777":37qx3xhz said:
For seven months now, my beardie has pooped twice, and is barely eating. However, she if very fit. She sits on her rock all day, and doesn't seem to be sleeping. she is the happiest thing when I'm playing with her, though. We've taken her to a clinic and she's not egg bound. Suggestions?

Not enough information.
What did the vet say the issue was ?
What tests did they do ?

If she is not eating anything solid , don't expect to see her doing any poos , it's a simple equation.

Can you give us very thorough rundown on your husbandry and her setup , see my cheatsheet
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050
, it will give some clues for how to tweek things if your discover you have some issues in her husbandry or her setup (lighting, temperature).

Photos of her , and of her setup will help too.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Agreed, if she doesn't eat then she won't poop solids. But there is definitely a reason that she's not eating, and it's not brumation for 7 months, nor if she is playing and such.

Please answer all of the questions in the link about her, her enclosure, her lighting, her temperatures, etc. And explain what the vet did and said, as it is not normal for a beardie to not eat for 7 months, though we don't even know how old she is...Photos help too. Be as detailed as you can about your lighting and temperature zones, as the problems usually lie in the lighting and temps.

novalyra777

Original Poster
EllenD":r2sd2kbf said:
Agreed, if she doesn't eat then she won't poop solids. But there is definitely a reason that she's not eating, and it's not brumation for 7 months, nor if she is playing and such.

Please answer all of the questions in the link about her, her enclosure, her lighting, her temperatures, etc. And explain what the vet did and said, as it is not normal for a beardie to not eat for 7 months, though we don't even know how old she is...Photos help too. Be as detailed as you can about your lighting and temperature zones, as the problems usually lie in the lighting and temps.

Thank you, but we figured it out! Cockroaches instead are making her eat + poo greatly! Thanks anyway!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
novalyra777":j46vw6qq said:
EllenD":j46vw6qq said:

Thank you, but we figured it out! Cockroaches instead are making her eat + poo greatly! Thanks anyway!

That was a quick turn around ...

Photos of her before and now , and her setup now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom