Baby bearded dragon(not pooing or eating)/ help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolette2000

I have a 4 week old translucent baby bearded dragon and she haven't been eating or pooing and just sitting on me doing nothing she doesn't care what I do and I worried about my baby.can someone tell me what to do or give me some tips please I got her for my 17 birthday and need help I got her from a reptile breeder and don't know what to do I've been on youtube and gave her a bath in warm water but I don't know if it's constipation I've had a bearded dragon before and he didn't act like this I've been trying to feed her crickets and mealworms I don't know if she ate them though.please help anything,anyone!????

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
A 4 week old hatchling needs to eat three meals of live insects of appropriate size EVERY DAY to survive , how long has it been since you got the baby and how long since it ate anything ?

If you have only just got the hatching a few days ago, this is more than likely relocation stress and wont last long , usually eating and basking inside a week. If your baby has been like this for longer than 1 week this is very serious / life threatening , you need to consider
> a vet visit
> handfeeding the bugs to her.

You provided very little useful information , we need much more information and details on your beardie's setup and your husbandry otherwise we can't even hazard a guess. You might need to get mum and or dad or an elder sibling help you getting the information we need.

Here's my Cheat Sheet : There are targeted questions and guidance in this -
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050

If you work through it methodically , the chances are there are likely a lot of issues that need to be tweeked or changed and they will pop right out at you, if you can give very detailed answers we will then be in a position to offer help. Is impossible to help you if you don't provide thorough details .

It may prove necessary to involve a reptile vet if your bearded dragon has serious health issues. Are you in a position to afford to take him to a good reptile vet should this prove necessary ?

Here's some guidance on feeding :
basically :

hatchlings
three feeds of live appropriate sized insects per day as many as they want per session offered a few at time if it's hoppy or fast moving
+ offer fresh high calcium greens daily (might not eat it).

Juveniles (6 months to 12 months)
two feeds of insects per day
+ offer fresh high calcium greens daily (might not eat it)

Good staple insects
>> BSF maggots
>> blowfly gents
and the pupae and flies , great for hatchlings and juveniles , naturally rich in calcium
>> silkworms
small (1-1.5 inch for sub 3 month olds)
medium (1.5 - 2 inch for larger hatchlings and juveniles)
large ( > 2 inch for beardies older than 12 months.
>> crickets / roaches / locusts , must be gutloaded with calcium rich foods and greens & dusted LIGHTLY with calcium powder.

Repashi GRUBPIE is acceptable as a backup food.

Hard and soft pellets are dubious , ok mixed in as softened croutons through their greens/salad (maybe).

Bites = rubbish food.

Insects suitable for treats
wax worms
if beardie older than 12 months , not before
mealworms (lavae , pupae and beetles)
superworms (lavae , pupae and beetles)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Nicolette, can you post pics of the baby, close up full length body shots of him setting on the ground as well as pics of his entire tank including the lights setting on the top ? Can you list your exact type + brand of lights ? That's important info.

When you say you don't know if he's eating, are there places for the bugs to hide ? If so, try + find them, because
1] if he's eaten then that's good,
2] If he has not eaten of course it's not good but also the crickets may hide and then come out at night to bite the baby. But as was mentioned, some dragons take a few days to settle in before they eat. Please avoid mealworms, they can cause impaction.

Who did you get him from, and have you contacted the breeder ? But post some pics , here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom