Reptile sanctuary/retirement home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Ok, this is just an idea that i had recently. Wanted to shate and get your guys thoughts on. Someone recently reminded that there aren't really any shelters or straight rescue places (maybe a dew, but i don't know of any?) For reptiles, like there are for alot of other animals.

What if someone managed to make a sanctuary and/or retirement home for lizards that can't be taken care of, for whatever reason, Is found sick, is too old for some peoples' liking, isn't what they expected the pet to be, etc. That way they can be taken care of, found new homes or just have a safe comfortable, reliable place for them to live out the rest of their days?

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh cool! Thanks for the link :) wonder if we have any in my state. As bad as some of these babies come in and you may lose some, but at least you can help make sure some can survive. I am currently working with bottle feds, we are at lunch with a sick furry baby right now.

It hurts to see what happens to some of these scaley ones, but it hurts more to know that there are probably a lot more just as bad or worse. That doesn't have someone to help them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom