Mavis "the Pancake"

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170716_124314.jpg

I noticed that i have posted a few things here. Since making an account, so i figured that maybe i should just make a thing for my baby girl. So i can post everything i want for her in one thing and not feel like i am taking up so mich room.

So the above picture is her favorite stick. She has been laying on it since I put a couple of them back in, i left th thinnest ones out. I do need to get hernsome bigger sticks though or find some driftwood or something for her to climb on.

I do feel like a better momma than i have been though. Since i found out i had a little more money left than i thought. So I just ordered some Dubia roaches for my baby girl! Hopefully, by the end of the week, i can have something a million times better than then the meal/superworms I currently have.

I hate feeding the stupid worms to my baby girl. I can't wait to watch her crunch and munch on the roaches.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They do love their sticks for climbing + basking....that makes her a pancake on a stick. :) Just find another suitable branch outside + pop it in a preheated oven for an hour at 225 degrees. All my wood comes from outside, I have some really nice pieces.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":f5anoabf said:
They do love their sticks for climbing + basking....that makes her a pancake on a stick. :) Just find another suitable branch outside + pop it in a preheated oven for an hour at 225 degrees. All my wood comes from outside, I have some really nice pieces.

Never thought of sticking the sticks in the oven. I have a flat aquarium rock in her tank (that red one in the picture,) i just happened to find it when we were cleaning stuff out at work she loves it, because between the natural heat and her UVB light. It stays nice and warm.

Also XD never thought of her as a pancake on a stick! Nice one!

I'm always on the look out for bigger sticks. The problem with the thicker ones, they never seem to breal at the right lengths that i need. (Has no tools to adjust the length)

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Glad i made this thread, on my way to for dinner, i found my girl like this and i have no idea how she ended up like that.
20170716_193810.jpg

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
XD i know right? I know she wasn't even stuck, because she just kinda stared at me and was on the ground just a minute before and pretty sure she couldn't back up onto the stick. I honestly have now clue what she did, but she already had her legs back on it. Before i could even try to help her.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've been suspecting that my girl has been sleeping on a stick. I turned her lamp off early yesterday, because i leep trying to time it with the sunset and finnally gave up with being there right when the sunset amd settled dor knowingbmy dragon is getting a little more sleep. Since i neber know when the first person at wprk arrives amd wakes her up.

Anyway, when we came back from dinner to finish everything off this is what I found.

20170717_224628.jpg

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I love when i walk in and see my dragon doing something i don't expect. Today, i had been planning to give her a soak during our afternoon feeding. When i walked in to the building where my dragon lives and where we make bottles for the babies we bottle feed. Only to find this

20170721_172129.jpg

20170721_172133.jpg

This is after we finished with our afternoon feeding
20170721_174848.jpg

I guess she wanted a bath today too. XD

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My Dubia roaches came in! I onlu ordered about 100, because i didn't want to gey too many. If she didn't them, but boy was i worried abiut yhag for noyhing! She ate a hunch of them when she realized theybwere food and yummy! She almost seemed upset, when i stopped giving her some! XD think i
am going to go ahead and order more.

Before ordering breeders and starting my Dubia Colony. Speaking if which, if anyone has tips on how to start/sustain one. That would be very appreciated!

Permutation

Hatchling Member
I don't have many tips unfortunately as they are hard to come by in Canada being illegal and such. As far as I knew it was fairly easy, get a Tupperware container and with enough they will breed. I know they are one of the easier to breed they like to be left alone for the most part. And they can't climb which is a real bonus. I'm sure others could give you better info or guide you to a good guide.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Permutation":1qpaphc4 said:
I don't have many tips unfortunately as they are hard to come by in Canada being illegal and such. As far as I knew it was fairly easy, get a Tupperware container and with enough they will breed. I know they are one of the easier to breed they like to be left alone for the most part. And they can't climb which is a real bonus. I'm sure others could give you better info or guide you to a good guide.

Every little bit is helpful, thank you

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Got the day off today, so decided to sit outside woth Mavis in her travel tank. (Its just for short trips, until i can get a carrier,) it is a faorly nice day and i think she is enjoying being outside for a little while.

20170820_145758.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom