DIY Outdoor basking box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poopdog

As a new owner of a 3month old beardie I am having trouble figuring out how to get my dude (Elliot) some good old fashioned sun exposure outside. He's still too small to be able wear a harness and go on walks and I want to find (or build if I have to) a small, wooden & screened basking box that I can take him outside with me in the sun to chill for a bit on the weekends.

Does anyone have any DIY plans for something like this or know where one can be purchased?? I'm thinking 5-10gal max since it's just for an hour or so of basking time. I can't seem to find anything on the web that already exists to purchase.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
i actually bought a dog stroller for boga (my dragon) and we go on little walks and he loves it. i got mine off of amazon for thirty dollars. i know this isnt probably what youre looking for but it is helpful!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I bought a small hamster wire cage and set it up in the window sill when my beardies were younger. Just make sure you cover one end for shade to cool off. My other idea now that they are bigger is to get a good strong cardboard box that I can fold while not in use, cut out the sides and use some kind of screening, maybe bird netting or hardware cloth. I still need to go explore home depot. Basically a temp enclosure for some sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom