Mail in fecal testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracneya

I have a beardie rescue and currently have a few beardies i think that have parasites. I've read up on doing my own fecal testing and will like to do that but in the meantime Ive seen some mail in testing by a few sites.
Any one have reviews on the best one? And I've read most only do floats and not smears..is that bad? I want it to be as accurate as possible.

Thank you!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Mailing in will only be able to see larger things like eggs (fecal float). Fecal smears may also show eggs but unless you look at a fresh sample you won't see anything alive and moving, like protazoa. Obviously mailing won't be fresh enough but will still be able to see eggs of larger parasites. I also did a lot of research and do my own fecals now. I found fecal float kits on bearded dragon co. I got a microscope from amazon. I did the mail in once. I can't remember who it was but you can contact Tracie and ask at bug-de-lite or on this site (drache_613).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom