Mail in fecal testing

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Mail in fecal testing

Postby Dracneya » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 pm

I have a beardie rescue and currently have a few beardies i think that have parasites. I've read up on doing my own fecal testing and will like to do that but in the meantime Ive seen some mail in testing by a few sites.
Any one have reviews on the best one? And I've read most only do floats and not smears..is that bad? I want it to be as accurate as possible.

Thank you!
Dracneya
Newbie Poster

Re: Mail in fecal testing

Postby kyleena29 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:23 am

Mailing in will only be able to see larger things like eggs (fecal float). Fecal smears may also show eggs but unless you look at a fresh sample you won't see anything alive and moving, like protazoa. Obviously mailing won't be fresh enough but will still be able to see eggs of larger parasites. I also did a lot of research and do my own fecals now. I found fecal float kits on bearded dragon co. I got a microscope from amazon. I did the mail in once. I can't remember who it was but you can contact Tracie and ask at bug-de-lite or on this site (drache_613).
kyleena29
Juvie Poster

Return to Health