HELP !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzayas17

quick update on tyson ... i moved from colorado back to texas with my family and took him with me i had to board him at a petshop because i couldnt take his enclosure with me it was too big with all my stuff so i left him with a really nice old lady had tons of bearded dragons Literally ! left him for about 3 weeks and turns out he is a SHE !. she doesnt have the pores, so back again to the big topic here i cant get my temps right hotting to 105 .. i have news paper right now because i dont know if too use sarnd or that wood stuff they sometimes use what should i use my house stays at 73 -75 hes temps on one side is 73 and 75 on the other side but during the down it dont go past 80 on one side ues rigjt now only using a uvb 5.0 18" 45.7mm those long tubes i dont know what theyre called zoomed because i switched up a couple thing like removed the other round uv lightbulb and took out the heating rock ????

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
jzayas17":6lgd1ohz said:
quick update on tyson ... i moved from colorado back to texas with my family and took him with me i had to board him at a petshop because i couldnt take his enclosure with me it was too big with all my stuff so i left him with a really nice old lady had tons of bearded dragons Literally ! left him for about 3 weeks and turns out he is a SHE !. she doesnt have the pores, so back again to the big topic here i cant get my temps right hotting to 105 .. i have news paper right now because i dont know if too use sarnd or that wood stuff they sometimes use what should i use my house stays at 73 -75 hes temps on one side is 73 and 75 on the other side but during the down it dont go past 80 on one side ues rigjt now only using a uvb 5.0
<<< 5% uvb IS INADEQUATE .
how far from basking spot ? == there are optimal distances for all UVB lights from the beardie see Arcadia Website for a good guide (a good UVB for beardies at their basking spot is about 180 to 200 microW UVB / sqcm ).

"Effective to a specified distance" DOES NOT mean this is the optimum distance from UV source to the basking spot , effective to distance x means ONLY that UVB will be measureable at distance x.
The optimum UVB distance will be somewhat closer than the distance x.
For example a 26W UVB200 globe :
.......Effective Distance up to 40 inches ==> 4 microW UVB / sqcm
.......At a distance of 24 inches ==> 10 microW UVB / sqcm
.......A good distance for beardies is 6-8 inches ==> 160 - 90 microW / sqcm.

Too far and the UVA and UVB WILL BE TOO DILUTE (as illustrated in the example above).
UVA FLUX TOO LOW where dragon is ==> a very lethargic dragon w/ a very poor apetite just in the short term , and neurological problems if this persists , not to mention MVB if UVB flux too low long enough with inadequate metabolisation of dietary calcium or inadequate intake out calcium

A GOOD GUIDE FOR SETTING UP THE THERMAL AND UV GRADIENT IN A VIV.
guide-bearded-dragon.jpg

t5ho_12_uvb.png

Compare T8 and T5ho tubes
12_uvb_guide.png

is a good idea to mount the UVB globe or one end of the UVB T8 or T5 tube, so it’s adjacent as close as you can arrange it , to the basking bulb.

18" 45.7mm those long tubes i dont know what theyre called zoomed because i switched up a couple thing like removed the other round uv lightbulb and took out the heating rock ????

Need much more information and details on your beardie's setup and your husbandry otherwise we can't even hazard a guess.

Here's my Cheat Sheet :

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234738&p=1806050#p1806050

if you work through it methodically , the chances are the likely issues that need to be tweeked or changed will pop right out at you, if you can give very detailed answers we will then be in a position to offer help.
Is impossible to help you if you don't provide thorough details .

It may prove necessary to involve a reptile vet if your bearded dragon has serious health issues.
Are you in a position to afford to take him to a good reptile vet should this prove necessary ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom