My baby bearded dragon won't eat and hasn't grown at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonleflore

93233-7191907810.jpg
My baby bearded dragon is over a month old but he's extremely tiny and hasn't grown since I got him. He used to eat but only a little and then he suddenly stopped eating after he started to shed but he hasn't eaten in 7 days he looks very small, smaller than usual. I've tried baby food, different types of food, nothing I've done has worked. We have another baby bearded dragon and he eats everyday perfectly so I know it's not the temperature or something I'm doing. I try to feed him crickets, worms, etc he isn't interested at all. I wouldn't be so worried if he was bigger but he has not grown AT ALL and my other baby bearded dragon has. I don't know what else to do, he was way too young when we bought him he was TWO WEEKS.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty alert which is a good sign. It's possible the shed just has him irritated and costing him his appetite which is relatively common. Do you have the two housed together? When they are together one can dominate the other and hog resources such as basking areas, hides, and food so it's best to keep them apart. If they are apart, I'd guess the shed is the issue.

kelloneill

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your beardie?? I'm having the same exact problem with mine! Searching for an answer!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a small little thing! Please review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of
UVB lighting, the temperatures & supplementation so we can be sure it's all correct.
As stated, if the two babies are housed together, many times it will stress one of them out
to the point of not eating or thriving.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom