Sick Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

lprovini

Tracey - I sent this as a pm but it is still in my outbox so I thought I would post it here.
You helped me tremendously about five years ago with my sick dragon. Unfortunately he didn't make it but I have rescued another wonderful little critter. His name is Felix and he is about 6 1/2 years old now. I am hoping you can help me. He has tremors when he moves, he keeps his eyes closed often, his eyes seem to be watering and sometimes misses his food as if he can't see it well. His weight is good (as I hand feed him) and he does not have MBD. He has had xrays, an endoscope, ultrasound and three blood panels. His blood work showed elevated CPK and Calcium. Adenovirus was negative. I have all of his medical records - 7 pages. He did show signs of an infection which was treated. He was also treated for parasites. He does not want to bask - only wants to be in the bottom of the cage. I would so much appreciate it if you can help try to identify what might be wrong with him. Thanks so much. Liz

lprovini

Original Poster
I just came across some posts that talk about the PowerSun. I am using the PowerSun 160. His eyes are sometimes swollen even when he is not shedding. He doesn't like to bask under the light and most of the time is trying to hide.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Liz,

I PM'd you a bit earlier.
I am sorry to hear your boy Felix isn't doing well.
At the moment, I haven't heard of any recent issues with the Powersun, but, nothing is out of the realm of possibilities when it comes to UVB lights.
Since you are using the 160watt, how close is it to him?
What is your supplementation schedule like for him? At 6+ years of age, he still needs calcium several times per week & vitamins at least 1 time per week, on average. Do you use D3 for him? He probably doesn't need it with the Powersun, IF it is actually producing enough UVB. How long have you been using it for him, how old is it?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom