Humidity Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm a new beard owner and during the summer where I live gets humid so the humidity in my viv fluctuates. How do I keep it at a good level? I've considered buying a dehumidifier but I want to see if theres an easier way. I've removed her water bowl and it still fluctuates. Please help I know humidity can cause respiratory problems so I need to know if theres any tricks or if I should invest in the dehumidifier?

Hi,
What are your humidity levels currently at? They should move between 30%-40%. Also whats your lighting like? Usually the stronger bulbs lower humidity.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I keep seeing posts where folks have been given poor advise about suitable temperatures and suitable relative humidity in the vivs.

Unless you live a long way from the ocean or any large lakes , is near impossible to get mid 30s % relative without using silica gel type dehumidifiers , IMO unnecessarily worrying.. I see relative humidities in the range 50% - 80% inside my home in summer even with the aircon running 24/7. This is not a problem.

See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234345

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I agree with the previous poster, [ who lives in Australia where beardies are from :) ] A range of 30 all the way up to [ at times ] 75 % ] is going to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom